Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Impatient

I have decided that I'm an impatient person. Well I guess it didn't take too much for me to decide that. :)
My whole life I've had a hard time enjoying the phase that I'm in because I want to move on to what's next. It was especially hard that Christena is only a year older, so when she got to do things (like shave her legs, pierce her ears, wear makeup, and other girlish things) before I did, I felt like I had the right to do them, too. I did beat her on contacts, though. :D
So the one thing I wasn't impatient about was getting married. For one thing, I was waiting for a missionary when I met Matt and I had zero plans of settling down with anyone else (I'm very happy with the way things worked out by the way). So we'd been married about a year and I wanted to move on to the next phase... babies. Most of you know that I did think I was pregnant, but it was some sort of false alarm (I guess it's what the world calls a miscarriage). :) So now I'm impatient about that.
I'm also impatient about student teaching... I turned in my application months ago, and I still don't know where I'll be next spring and all the normal ed. (not music ed) people at the university already know where they're going, so I'm bugged by it. I don't like not knowing things, espeically when I know that other people know them. I don't like secrets.
I guess I'll have to work on my patience, but the more I try, the worse it seems to be!

3 comments:

~April~ said...

Oh, I promise it doesn't get any easier seester. My impatience runs rampant around here daily... if not minutely (a new word). Love ya... call me... and post more often :) Oh, and if everyone else knows where they're going I'd be surely calling someone in charge and asking what the heck is up.

Melissa said...

well none of the music ed people know so there are like 12 of us. just the normal ed (like elementary and secondary) people know, but us music peeps are in the dark. :)

Christena said...

I wrote this huge response and it wouldn't post it like 2 days ago, so I thought I'd try again. I'm impatient too. I know how it is to be impatient about babies (except for the miscarriage thing). I'm not going to give you any advice though because what ended up working for me may not work for you. Also I'm sure I don't help you with the impatience about student teaching because I keep asking you like every time I talk to you if you know yet. Good luck with your patience and also my patience usually gets stronger when it is tested so beware. heehee.