I never wrote about Dean at 9 months. I took him to the doctor last week, here are the stats:
Length: 28 inches (about 40%)
Weight: 19 lbs 8 oz (about 30%)
Head: 46.2 cm (about 75%)
His percentiles changed pretty drastically in the last three months! But he is health and happy. Here are a few things about him that I don’t want to forget:
- He still doesn’t sleep through the night. He’s done it probably 4 times total his whole life.
- He likes naps, though, and takes two a day for at least an hour each.
- He is really trying to walk! It’s crazy to me. He cruises around furniture and tries letting go sometimes.
- He LOVES chasing Brennen around. Brennen has realized this and will taunt him with toys and run around the house making Dean chase after them. But they both have lots of fun doing it.
- He is our little gremlin! I don’t remember the movie but Matt does and says that the little creatures like to eat electronics. Well, we CANNOT keep Dean away from plugs and cords! We have to unplug everything during the day (even our alarm clock) and wrap the cords around things so he can’t get them. He unplugs things and then plugs them back in. If there is a wayward cord laying around he chews on it. I put outlet covers in but he quickly figured out how to remove them! It’s kinda funny but also dangerous…
- He can reach the piano now and loves to play while I’m trying to practice.
- He dances to music sometimes. So cute. :)
- He loves to bounce.
- He babbles a lot now and mimics Brennen’s sounds. He especially likes to growl.
- He is still so quick to smile and giggle and is a really good natured baby!
9 is the last number before 10 but in Matt’s case 29 is the last number before 30! He turned 29 yesterday! It’s crazy to me that he’s that “old” because he was 22 when we got married. I think he had a good day. The boys and I let him sleep in until after 9 and then we made him breakfast. He worked all day but after work I made him his requested dinner (chicken enchiladas) and then his family came over and joined us for cake, ice cream, and presents.
Brennen made him a birthday card and in it I wrote the answers to 9 questions about his dad. I asked the questions and these were his honest to goodness answers! I didn’t prompt him at all.
1. My dad’s name is: Matt.
2. He is 23 years old.
3. He is as big as his birthday.
4. He has black hair and white eyes.
5. His favorite food is a cake and his favorite color is brown.
6. He likes to go to school.
7. For fun he likes to pick the cakies out.
8. My favorite thing to do with Dad is build a tower.
9. I love my dad because he dances.
We like to hold up the number of fingers of the person’s age so here are 29 fingers for Matthew!