- I lost my camera. I wanted to post some pictures of us at the sand dunes and my growing mid-section (and the rest of me for that matter) but the camera is gone! :(
- I entered the 3rd trimester (hurray!!! 77 days to go!) and took my glucose test. Funny thing about that.... it has been over a week and I haven't heard whether I passed or not... no news is good news?
- Matt and I bought a new washer! The old one was, well, OLD. It was starting to not wash things very well. We thought it would be good to get a new one before we start washing baby clothes. It was the most basic, cheapest model but it is still new and will work great!
- Matt has given me some ideas for baby names! We now have a list!....... with two and a half names on it. We just hope inspiration hits us when he's born.
- I still have my classroom pet (he has not been found in a trap so I know he's around here somewhere...)
- And I officially resigned from my job. I won't be coming back next year.
My boss seemed really supportive and told me that he wanted me to do what was best for my family but I was disappointed in the lack of support from my coworkers and other "well meaning" people in my life. Like my friend Sarah said, the family is just not supported anymore.
Matt and I really thought long and hard about this decision and while it's scary to be giving up the income I've gotten this year we feel like we'll be blessed. I'm going to take the summer off for sure and then once September hits I will probably find a part time job so I can still spend most of the time at home with the little sprite once he's born.
This job has been fun, relatively easy, and pretty low stress. But even before I was pregnant the 40 mile commute every day was tough and now it's getting even worse every day! Plus I work at least 10 hours a day no matter what and if I find a job in town even if it's full time it will only be 8 and those two extra hours will be great. We just felt like I needed to be home with the baby or at least in town. He's not even born yet and I can't bear the thought of leaving my little guy for 10 hours every day when he's so young.