Monday, March 22, 2010

New Resident

So I get back to school after spring break to find that there is a large MOUSE living in my classroom. Sure the things are cute and all when they're in the pet store in a CAGE but NOT when I'm sitting in my office and I see one run across my classroom floor and disappear! It went pretty quickly but it looked pretty big and I'm praying it's not a rat. I teach elementary. These kids sit ON THE FLOOR. AAAAHH!!!!! And as we speak I can hear him squealing. Needless to say, my feet are up on my chair.
I'm glad I'm not crazy cause when I first saw it I was sure I was seeing things but then an 8th grade girl had been standing right outside the door and as soon as I opened it for her she exclaimed "you have a rat in your room!!!!" Great.
I walked down to the office to tell my principal and he says "Well they have to live somewhere! This one must like music." hardy har ha ha ha. (actually it was sorta funny). But he's having the custodians come in to set a trap. fun.....

4 comments:

Christena said...

That gave me the shivers. Good luck with your mouse/rat!

Brooke Carroll said...

I HATE MICE AND RATS! I've never actually seen a rate in real life before, but a mouse got into our house a few months ago. SICK. I was freaking out and it was so disgusting because they are such nasty little creatures! Nate caught it and disposed of it. I seriously didn't sleep for days because I kept having mouse nightmares hahaha! Hope you get rid of that sucker!

~April~ said...

YIKES!!!!! EWWW!!!!

Christena said...

Did you get rid of it yet?