Wednesday, August 8, 2012

What Happened in July

July was a really fun and busy month for us! Let me just give a quick run down of all the stuff we did. A lot of info in a fairly short post! :)
July 4th: We went to Freedom Has a Birthday for the first time. It was ok but I think it would be more fun with older kids. Plus we weren't really willing to wait in line for anything. :) Then in the afternoon we went to Matt's parent's and had a bbq with the family there. Too bad there were no fireworks. 

Dad and Brennen with the fire trucks
Strawberry cake with strawberries and blueberries. Festive. :)
Brennen climbing on Grandma at our bbq.













Brotherly love.
Camping: I did a whole post about this trip so I'm not going to say anything more. It was just fun. :)
Jubilee Days: The only thing we did was go to the parade. It was Matt's 10 year high school reunion and he didn't want to go to any of the festivities but he did ride on the float so I watched the parade with my two kids. Brennen loved it and he didn't get bored.

Matt on the float.
Brennen at the parade.


Dean chillin' in the stroller.

Gardner Reunion: We went to Star Valley for a big reunion for the family of Randy's Grandfather (his mom's dad). Brennen had fun playing in Great Grandma's big yard and we had a lot of fun hiking to the spring and just hanging out with family.
Brennen on the stair at G-Grandma's.


Walking the dog up at the spring.

Dad and Dean at the spring.

Fishing: Matt took Brad and I on a fishing trip. We left the boys with Gwen because Matt said it was pretty rugged and difficult to hike and fish. It was hard but well worth it! I caught at least 15 fish and Matt and Brad both caught over 20. It was beautiful and way fun to get so many fish. Matt wouldn't let me take my camera on the river because he was sure it would get wet and it would have. I was submerged at one point. :) So these pictures are from after.
Me and Brad.
The raging waterfall! (we didn't fish this part). :)


My cute hubby and I.
Brad by the waterfall. I feel like he looks older every day!





My best friend moved away: I remember the fist time I saw Sarah Bassett (now Ringer). It was the first day of classes on my first day at UW and she was auditioning for Collegiate Chorale. I was waiting for my turn and heard her singing and thought to myself, "Man, she's good. I'm screwed!" And I looked in and saw her then looked at the list and figured out her name. :) We weren't friends that first year, I had two good guy friends. But the next year they were both gone and I remembered that Sarah was a member of the church so I sat by her in theory. We became good friends quickly and have been best friends ever since! We've gone through some pretty rough times (and good times!) together and I'm exicted that she gets to start the next chaper of her life in Alaska but I'm going to miss her!
I didn't even take a picture of us right before she left so I'll post some blasts from the past. She's sure to enjoy these. :)

Swimming at All State. (January 2008)
We were FREEZING!

Learning the clarinet. We were both pretty bad at it. :)

Solos in the Messiah! (December 2007)
After our recital. (March 2008)


Holding each other's babies! Our dream for so long! (November 2010)

These last few things happened in August but I want to post them now anyway.
Trip to Utah: This last weekend we went to Utah for my cousin's wedding and for the baby blessing of our little preemie nephew Isaac. It was a fun (although HOT) weekend and we got some good family pictures.
Our family at the temple.
Everyone who was at the temple.


Grandkids at the temple.
The entire family before the baby blessing. Lydia's smile is my favorite part of this picture!
Sweet baby Isaac.
Brennen was tired of pictures.


Grandma and Grandpa with Dean and Lydia.

Dean's first solids: This morning I gave Dean some rice cereal. I wasn't in a hurry but I feel like he's hit a sudden growth spurt and I've been needing to nurse him every 2 hours so I thought I'd give him a little extra. He really liked it! Much better than Brennen did.


Can I just say that I hate blogger?! I used to use window's live writer to do my post and suddenly it won't work for me anymore. It's is a pain to post pictures using blogger!! This post took me longer to write than it should have. :)

1 comment:

Sarah said...

So... you made me cry! A good cry, but I am going to miss you SO much! We sure have a lot of amazing memories! It is times like these that I am inclined to believe that as long as we are both living the way we should be, then if/when we make it to the celelstial kingdom, we will be united not only with family, but friends too! Then we don't have to say good bye! But don't worry- we'll visit!