Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Sometimes...

~Sometimes I get discouraged. I applied for a job that I thought I would be good at and I thought it would be perfect for me. It was music related and only about 15 hours a week and the pay was really great. I really felt like I rocked the interview but I didn't get the job. This is the 3rd music job in a row that I've been shut down for. It's hard not to think that I must suck at the only thing I thought I was good at. I guess I really am just supposed to stay at home with my kids!
~Sometimes Brennen runs into my arms, gives me a huge hug and a kiss and says "I just love you, Mom." and it makes my day. And when I give him a kiss he says matter of factly, "Thank you, Mom."
~Sometimes I wish our little family could catch a break. The past three months have been pretty tough and there are times when I think things are going to turn around.... and then they don't. It's hard because I feel like we're living the way we're supposed to and that we're trying to do what's right. But I guess there's another plan for us.
~Sometimes Dean makes me smile. Ok so all of the time. He is SO sweet and I could just look at him and smile all day long. Plus he likes to cuddle so I just snuggle with him on my lap a lot. Sometimes when I'm holding him I just have to say a silent prayer of thanks that I've been blessed with this little boy.
~Sometimes I think my boys look nothing alike and then I look at baby pictures of Brennen. They're different of course but they look more alike than I realize. They are definitely brothers! They're both 3 months in the top one, 4 months in the bottom. Guess who is who? (it's way easy if you know them)


~Sometimes I stay up until close to midnight even though I know that Dean is going to wake up at 2:00 AM and that I'm going to be tired the next day.
~Sometimes I get frustrated with my two year old. He is so smart and sweet but sometimes by the end of the day I either way to pull my hair out, cry my eyes out, or both.
~Sometimes I feel like I'm not a very good mother (see above). I lose my patience a LOT and I feel like I have no clue what to do when it comes to discipline and stuff.
~Sometimes I feel like I'm the most awesome mother in the world because I keep the TV off, play trucks, read stories, go to the park, cook good healthy meals, and keep the house clean. Sometimes...
~Sometimes I'm afraid that my husband wishes he could throw me out the window. Maybe if he did, it would help my attitude when I'm not being very nice.
~Sometimes I get songs stuck in my head. Like right now I have one that we sang in high school choir in my head. It was called "Sometimes I Feel Like" or something like that. Wonder why that one popped into my head...
~Sometimes I think I'm pretty funny when I'm actually not.
~Sometimes I sing lullaby's to Dean and they actually work. He calms down and falls right to sleep. It melts my heart.
~Sometimes I wish my family (me and my brothers and sisters) could get along better. I know we all care about each other and that's why I personally am so hard on them. I want them to be the best people that they can be. That being said, most of the time we have great times together and I feel like we're all friends!
~Sometimes I feel like keeping Brennen in diapers forever. I swear it would be easier than this potty training mess.
~Sometimes I want to have a house of my own. I want to live in a nice neighborhood and be settled.
~Sometimes Matt puts Dean in random places and then says, "Let's play find the baby!" This one took me awhile...

~Sometimes I remember to remember that I have the best husband in the whole world!
~Sometimes my boys play together and laugh at each other. I love this time and I just want to keep them little forever.
~Sometimes when I wear tighter clothes I don't eat as much. It makes me feel like I'm already chubby so I shouldn't gorge myself (like I tend to do when I'm wearing gym shorts and a t-shirt).
~Sometimes I let Brennen watch Curious George on Netflix for the majority of the day just to keep my sanity. Judge me if you will. Other days the TV doesn't come on at all. I try to find a balance. :)
~Sometimes we do fun stuff together. On Saturday we went to the Snowy Range and hiked along French Creek. It was raining and, dare I say, a little cold! It actually felt really nice and it was a nice afternoon. An older couple from Ft. Collins (stay in your own state, dang it!) :) passed us and the man said "What a precious family! Do you have a camera?" And he took our picture.
 ~Sometimes my posts get a little long and I need to end them so goodbye for now!



2 comments:

~April~ said...

Your posts are freaking awesome! Sometimes I wish I had internet at home so I could post more often but I really don't miss it. I miss you however! And you are awesome too!

Christena said...

You are great! My favorite part of the post was the let's find the baby part! You really are a wonderful mom. WE all have down days
(or weeks, months, years) You are doing really well at staying positive!