Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Us

Matthew
Matt started school again yesterday. I could tell he didn't really want to strap on his backpack because he thought he was done with the UW campus but he was a good sport. :) He's taking 12 credits of only Spanish classes and will graduate in December with a Spanish degree. Then he will apply to the BRAND program and if he gets in then he'll start that in May 2013. Keep your fingers crossed and pray for good luck!
During the summer he got some fishing in and just last week he took my brother, Kasey, and they caught some huge ones! He worked, too. :) He did a lot of work for his dad on the lawn business and also the apartments. He also got his CNA and already passed the test. He got hired at an assisted living place in town so he's glad he'll get some experience but he is certainly not aspiring to be a CNA for the rest of his life! :)
Matt and his giant brown trout. It was tasty. :)
Melissa
I am doing absolutely nothing new! Although, I did get a couple new music students, one piano and one voice so now I have five piano students and one voice student. I would really like to get more, though! I really enjoy it and it gives me something to do. I've been trying to be a better mom and do more things with Brennen that don't involve watching "the monkey" all day.
I've been having a lot of emotional ups and downs and days like today I feel pretty good and tell myself to buck up and just be happy! But other days that is way easier said than done.
I've also decided to actually work out and lose the rest of the baby weight. I only have 5 or so pounds to go so it shouldn't be too hard (I hope...) And I also want to cut my hair... I'm putting a poll up on here and you can vote whether I should or not ha ha! I never do my hair and feel like it's scraggly and ugly. I just want to feel pretty, you know?
My and my boys!
Brennen
This kid is dang near potty trained. (well, I am potty trained for him. :) I take him to the bathroom and still have to help him) He has a few accidents now and then but he's doing a good job! He still loves going outside and watching "the monkey." He LOVES his baby brother and will do anything to make him smile. He can climb on anything at any playground and although it makes me nervous sometimes it also makes me happy that he's so able. And he has adult conversations. He can say every word (really, he can) and understands most anything. We've started having him "read" a verse when we read scriptures. He repeats every word perfectly. So smart. :)
He and I have been building a lot of block castles and roads and stuff. He also likes playing with trucks and toy dinosaurs.
Castle #1
Castle #2 (with Dean in the background.) This castle isn't all that grand but you can tell I'm getting better. :)

Dean
My Baby Dean is 5 months old! He has two teeth (bottom middle) and I love his smile with them! He loves rice cereal (mixed with a pinch of applesauce) and last night he tried peas. He didn't like them too much... He can roll over both shoulders, back to belly and belly to back. He gets up on his hands and knees (or toes) and scoots backwards. I bet he'll be crawling before we know it! He moves all over the room and I can't put him on our bed for naps anymore. I learned that the hard way... oops. :) He still doesn't "talk" but smiles like crazy! His whole face lights up when he smiles. The only complaint I have is that the little turd still wakes up like 4 times a night!
He roamed to the bottom of the book shelf. He started all the way across the room.
And a couple pictures of both boys.
Kinda matching and I didn't even do it on purpose. (I don't know why it's sideways and I can't get it to go the right way...)

You may not believe me but they are not naked. Brennen's wearing underwear and Dean's in his diaper. :) Dean isn't actually wider than Brennen but it sure looks like it in this picture.

1 comment:

Christena said...

I love your whole family! You are amazing!