Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Baby Dean!

Dean Tanner Clark was born on Tuesday March 27, 2012 at 12:01 PM! He weighed in at 6 pounds 15 ounces and was 18 1/2 inches long.
Like with Brennen, the doctors thought that the baby wasn't growing. I measured 36 weeks several weeks in a row and in both growth ultrasounds, two weeks apart, the baby measured exactly the same. So on Monday the 26th Dr. Bragg scheduled me for an induction for 5:30 AM on Tuesday the 27th with Dr. Klingler.
They gave me pitocin at about 6:45 AM and Dr. Klingler broke my water at about 8:30. The contractions instantly got WAY more intense. Matt and I walked the halls for awhile but then I couldn’t handle it anymore and asked for IV drugs at about 10:45. They helped…. for the first few contractions. Then they got way intense again and I honestly feel like they were a lot more powerful than they were with Brennen. They checked my cervix at 11 and I was at a 7 but I still asked for the epidural. The epidural kicked in at about 11:30 and Dean was born at noon!
I was SO bummed that I got the epidural because I didn’t with Brennen and his labor was twice as long. Plus I would have only had to endure another half hour but I thought it would be as long as it was with Brennen so I got it. It was SO AWESOME to get that pain relief but I kind of felt like a failure that I got it.
Dean is a very happy, content little baby. He is basically the opposite of his big brother ha ha! I felt overwhelmed and depressed after I had Brennen but right now I just feel really blissfully happy (even though I only get a few hours of sleep every night). :)
Brennen loves his little brother and calls him “Baby Dean.” He also narrates everything he’s doing. “Baby Dean crying. Baby Dean sleeping. Baby Dean eating.” It’s cute. And today I took both kids to the store by myself for the first time and I planned on taking two trips out to the car because Brennen isn’t very good at going down the stairs but when I went to leave without the baby Brennen started crying out, “Baby Dean! Bring Baby Dean!”
Here are some pictures!



















8 comments:

Christena said...

So cute!!! Don't feel like a failure for getting the epidural. I have gotten three and if I have more kids I will probably get it again.

Natasha Snelson said...

Don't feel like a failure. I feel like the epidural gave me the energy I needed to be a good mom right away. Labor is exhausting and the epidural helped me save my energy for after Levi was born. Have you considered the idea tha the epidural helped you relax enough to finish the labor? I have heard of babies being born shortly after epidurals because it helps the mon relax and let's the contractions finish doing all the work :-)

cambersue said...

Congrats! I'm so glad everything has gone smoothly. I hope we see you guys at Coriann's wedding in June...we'll be making the trek. Good luck with everything:)

Ryan Kelli and Clara said...

Beautiful baby boy, and family! Congrats dear! And don't feel like a failure...epidurals are there to help ease the pain...just like numbing shots for a root canal! So happy for you!

Kathleen said...

Such a beautiful family of four! Brennen looks so proud holding his baby brother. Your little boys are both heartthrobs! I'm glad labor was shorter for you this time around (even though the intensity was higher). Good to hear Dean's adorable personality is making the transition from one to two that much easier.

Mike and Marianne Grant said...

You little 'Baby Dean' is perfect. What a lovely little family you have. We can't wait to have you up in the Lovell area for a while this summer. I volunteer anytime you need a babysitter ;)

Brenda said...

He reminds me of Matthew when he was born. Cutie!

~April~ said...

Super cuteness! You are awesome!