Monday, March 19, 2012

Ah, Life.

Less than a week until D-Day! I went to the doc this morning and he said I was dilated 1 cm..... how can that be when a different doc said I was 1.5 at 32 weeks (which was 7 weeks ago...) and another different doc last week measured me at just under 3 cm? I'm very confused... oh well. I'll just say I'm around.... 2 cm? :)
I finally accepted the fact today (after some tears and more worries) that everything WILL be ok. I've been stressing so much that the baby will come while Matt is in a test but I realized today that there's nothing I can do about it if that happens and that we'll take things as they come. And I've been stressing out about how life is going to work with two kids and a husband who will still be very busy in school for anther year and a half. But, like I said, things WILL be ok and I know I can do it and I need to not worry about the future and/or things I cannot control. I don't actually WANT the baby to come early, I just want him to come when it's most convenient for me! ha ha I know he'll come when he's ready and I really just want him to arrive safely and for him to be healthy!
My husband pointed out today that I've been being negative and feeling sorry for myself (he did it in a loving way) and I realized he's right. Not just about my impatience to have the baby but about everything. So I made a decision today that I need to have a better attitude and somehow get my mind off having the baby because it's driving me crazy. I actually like being pregnant and I know I need to enjoy the last week or so. I need to be patient and happy no matter what my circumstances are.
Here I am at 39 weeks!
On a side note, does anyone who is reading this use Window's Live Writer? I've been doing all of my posts from there (WAY easier and faster for uploading pictures) but all of a sudden it won't work for me... I'll finish a post but then it won't publish. If anyone has a clue let me know... :)

3 comments:

Matt said...

Ahhh Melissa, you are too cute. I remember having those EXACT SAME feelings and worries right before we had Porter. You CAN do it!! It WILL work out!! And Baby boy WILL come:)(He can't stay in there forever right?) Good luck girly.

Christena said...

You look so cute! I am excited for you to have you new little one and to find out what you name him. Good luck with you week and I hope Matt isn't in a test when you need to go into the hospital.

Ryan Kelli and Clara said...

You.Are.Adorable. Miss you much and good luck!