Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Pharmacy Rotations!

Last week Matt got his rotation schedule for next year! I guess it's next year, but really he starts in May so it's almost upon us. Each rotation is 4 weeks long and he does 9 of them during the year with one rotation off and a 7 week break over Thanksgiving and Christmas. We're really excited that we know where he's going but I'm a little bit bummed that we won't have our own home for a whole year. We're going to move in with Matt's parents which is a huge blessing so that will be our home base and then there are a few places where the kids and I will be able to go and live with Matt. It will be hard to be a nomad with two little kids but we're very grateful that we'll have places to stay with different members of Matt's family.
So here's where he'll be!
  • Omaha, NE
  • Basin, WY
  • Thayne, WY
  • Laramie (for two different rotations)
  • Longmont, CO
  • Powell, WY
  • Cheyenne, WY (this is really one rotation but lasts twice as long so 8 weeks instead of 4)
Hopefully the kids and I will be able to go with Matt when he goes to Basin, Thayne, and Powell because he has family in those areas that we're hoping we'll be able to stay with. He's hoping to live with a friend while he's in Longmont who has that same rotation and then he'll come home on weekends. When he's in Omaha he'll stay there the whole 4 weeks and I probably won't see him that entire time which will be hard but it's the only one where I won't see him at least on weekends so it could be worse!
As for the baby, I went to the doctor yesterday and in two weeks I progressed exactly zero. :( I'm still about 50% effaced and not quite 3cm. I really wanted to have the baby this week to avoid Matt's many tests that he has in the next couple weeks but it's not going to happen. I'm stressing myself out about it because he CANNOT miss these tests and he has to do well on them in order to pass this semester. Yikes! I just keep praying that the baby will come on a day when Matt will be able to be there with me the whole time and that he'll be able to have enough time to study.
The future is kind of freaking me out at the moment but at the same time it's really exciting and there are a lot of changes coming our way!
A picture of Brennen for good measure. :) He was "reading" my book.

3 comments:

Christena said...

I am glad the rotations are working out fairly well. It is hard to have a growing family with school obligations. I hope he can be there as well.
PS Brennen is getting huge! (and still adorable)

Mike and Marianne Grant said...

I know it will be hard but I love that he will get to be up in the Lovell area. If you ever need some help or an escape,.... pick me!

See you this weekend, hopefully.

~April~ said...

Sounds like fun stuff! Come visit me... oh wait, we aren't close to any of those places... bummer :(