Monday, February 27, 2012

A short baby update

I went to the doctor this morning and found out that I’m 2-3 cm dilated and 50% effaced. Yay! He said that the baby could come any time or he could wait a few more weeks. Either is fine with me and it’s nice to hear that if he comes now he’ll be fine. I know I can’t plan these things but if it were up to me I’d have him somewhere between March 11th and March 18th (spring break). But he’ll come when he’s ready I suppose!

We have a few names that we like but we’re really leaning toward one in particular. We don’t really want to tell people (and we don’t even say it out loud very often which I think is funny) because we don’t want people to start calling him that in case we change our minds once he’s born. Here are a few that we like in alphabetical order. Feel free to comment on which one(s) you like but please don’t tell me what you DON’T like. :)

His middle name will be Tanner.
Dean
Ian
James
Joel
Noah
Wesley

Sometimes I come across a name that I like but if I don’t write it down right away I forget so this list is likely to change still. There’s one on there that I keep taking on and off because I can’t decide. :)

Here I am at 36 weeks!

IMG_1748 

6 comments:

Kathryn said...

I think Dean and Noah are my favorites but just know he will suit any name you choose! All the best for the next little bit until baby boy arrives. Getting very exciting!

Brooke Carroll said...

Dean is Nathan's middle name...I think it is so handsome, I love it. But I love Wesley too. I think that is a super cute name for a boy! I have only known one Wesley my entire life. Hope you are getting so excited!!!

Christena said...

My twins said, "Melissa looks so cute in that picture."

cambersue said...

Congrats on being almost done! I am partial to the name Tanner...for obvious reasons;) good pick! Oh, and good luck the next couple of weeks. Hope all goes smoothly for you guys. I'm excited to see this baby!

~April~ said...

You are so cute! I want to be that cute. :)

Debra and JD said...

Hi Melssa! hope you are doing well...and hanging in there! I love Ian Tanner, but Noah and Wesley are great too! Best to you and Matthew!!