Monday, February 13, 2012

A Random Post

  • Stickers. I got Brennen a big sheet of stickers from the dollar store a couple months ago and I got them out today. He LOVED them and was happily occupied for an hour.
  • Talking. Brennen talks a TON and identifies things that I had no idea he knew (ice cube tray, for example). When he yells “hand hand!” at us and tries to pull us around, instead of just going with him we’re asking him to tell us what he wants and he does!
  • Little helper. Brennen suddenly likes helping me with chores. It’s actually way easier to get things done this way because he’s not upset that I’m not paying attention to him because he’s involved, too. He loves putting clothes from the washer into the dryer and sometimes asks if we can do laundry. :) He also helps unload the dishwasher and loves putting things in the trash and putting stuff where it goes.
  • Resolutions. I don’t usually make new years resolutions but this year I kind of did. They were: positive, patient and practice. I figured the “P” thing would help me remember. :) I’ve been making a real effort to be more positive and patient and it has really been working and I’m a much happier person! Matt got me some pretty tough piano books for Christmas so I wanted to practice more and I’ve learned a lot of new pieces and I LOVE being able to play something that was difficult to learn.
  • Nesting. The bassinet is already in our room, the clothes are washed and in drawers, I have a box of newborn diapers, I’ve washed all the bottles, and the next steps are: buying a swing, putting the car seat in the car, and cleaning everything. :) Here’s a picture of the car seat cover/tent thingy (don’t know the real name…) that I made last week with lots of help from my friend Sarah. I love it! :)
    IMG_1697
  • Excited. I have just under 6 weeks until my due date and I am pumped! I’m not looking forward to that whole natural childbirth thing that I want to do again (hopefully without pitocin this time!) but I’m really excited to meet this baby! For the first half of my pregnancy I couldn’t imagine having two kids but now I really can and it seems like this new little guy was always meant to be in our family, even though we haven’t officially met him yet. I think a lot about what he’ll be like, though, because I can’t imagine what a little boy who is NOT Brennen will be like. :) Brennen was a bit difficult for me when he was a baby and has always been wild and crazy but has the BEST personality. This little guy is super active and moves constantly I swear. But hopefully he won’t be quite as crazy as his big brother. :)
  • Rotations. Matt gets to put in his requests for rotations this week! We’re excited but it will be a bummer having him gone so much. He’ll do nine 4-week rotations during the year with a few weeks on campus in between rotations and a few weeks of break. So in a month or so we’ll know for sure what his schedule will be next year!
  • Pig. I am a total PIG lately! I eat so much all the time. I stayed at the same weight for about a month and a half then at my last appointment I’d gained 5 pounds in less than a week (that was less than a week after my hospital deal so I’m hoping that was mostly water weight from all the fluids they pumped into me but who knows!) and I’m predicting at my appointment today that I’ll have gained a ton more ha ha but I’m actually ok with it because I know what I need to do after the baby is born to lose weight. And I secretly (or not so secretly…) LOVE food so it’s nice that I don’t have to count calories right now. :) That being said, here I am at 34 weeks! (pardon the pink pajama pants… I wear them ALL the time these days. When I’m at home that is…)

IMG_1688

3 comments:

Sarah said...

I'm not going to lie, it's completely not fair how cute you ALWAYS look in your prego pix (or any picture for that matter- you are so photogenic!). I feel like my facial expressions always looked so bad when I was pregnant with Chelsey that I decided to give up with this baby. All my pictures are of just my tummy… You look beautiful!

~April~ said...

You are cute and I miss you.

Brooke Carroll said...

Cute post, hope things are going well for you after the hospital. You are so close!