Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Easter and a Dean update

We had a wonderful Easter this year. On Friday night we went to Grandma and Grandpa's to dye eggs and Brennen loved it! He became just as colored as the eggs but he didn't seem to mind and was really into it. He says and does so many funny things. We just love him!



Easter Sunday was stake conference so we went to that and it was Dean's first time going to church. He had a cute outfit but it was a tad too big for him... He and Brennen looked pretty cute before church, though.
We did a little egg hunt just here at home with Brennen. I kind of wish we would have done more outside somewhere but it was still fun to watch him find his eggs. He also learned a new word... "candy!" As for Dean, his first Easter was pretty uneventful. He slept a lot and behaved very well as he usually does.



Matt and I have decided that there is no Easter Bunny in our house but that our kids can still find eggs, they'll just know we were the ones who hid them. I had the Easter Bunny growing up and I enjoyed getting small gifts but we just decided we really want to focus on the Savior in our family. I've always loved Easter but now as an adult I can really appreciate what it really means and I'm thankful that I had the day to reflect on the Savior and it was fun to try to explain to Brennen what Easter really means.
I took Dean to the doctor yesterday for his two week check-up! As I was sitting in the room waiting for the doctor, watching Brennen play and holding an awake and very content Dean, it hit me that I am a mother of two! How the devil did that happen?! ha ha! But the doctor was very impressed with Dean's calm nature and he didn't even flinch until they did the heal poke. Here are the stats:
Weight: 7 lbs 12 oz!
Length: 20 1/4 inches (we suspect that whoever measured him at birth at the hospital measured him too short... 18 1/2 seems a little low...)
Head: 36.4 cm
Just for a little comparrison, at the same age Brennen was 7 lbs 3 oz (he was born 7 lbs 5 oz), 21 1/4 inches, and 36.4 cm for his head! So the same as Dean but I swear Brennen's head was bigger... guess not. :)
Here's Dean in his carseat. His hand position cracks me up. :)
And this is just one of our little family of four on Easter Sunday.

3 comments:

Christena said...

So cute! I agree with the easter bunny thing. That picture of Dean in his carseat looks like he is trying to hide from the camera. I wish I was closer and could just come and hang out. Brennen looks so cute and mom told me tons of stories about him and how fun he is.

Sarah said...

T LOVE the family picture! You should frame it! Beautiful family! :)

~April~ said...

We don't do Easter bunny stuff either. Cuteness kids and you too.