Friday, April 27, 2012

One Month!

Our Dean is one month old today! Here are a few things about him.
  • He sleeps a lot!
  • He usually wakes up twice a night (sometimes three times...) but then goes right back to sleep after I feed him. Good boy. :)
  • He likes being swaddled. He sleeps that way at night but we leave him free during the day.
  • He stays asleep when we put him down!
  • We can leave him for awhile without paying attention to him and he stays happy. He usually only gets mad when he's hungry.
  • He's already been stepped on (by accident) and knelt on (not so much an accident...) by his big brother. He's also had toys stacked on him a few times, too. Don't worry, they were soft and/or light toys and Mom removed them quickly.
  • He is just SO chill.
  • He's starting to like his swing (when Brennen isn't trying to push it faster for him).
  • He likes baths but doesn't like being dried off.
  • The only thing he really doesn't like is tummy time.
  • He's such a good eater! He'll usually eat quickly (it takes me about 20 minutes total) every 2-4 hours. We do supplement him a little but so far not more than 2 ounces a day. He's getting to be a little chunk and I bet he weighs like 9 pounds already (he was 7 lbs 12 oz almost three weeks ago).
  • Brennen really loves him and so do we!
I just can't imagine life without him! I remember being upset the night before he was born because I felt like I was losing my little baby (Brennen). And that first week I felt guilty when I couldn't give Brennen the attention he was used to or when he'd cry for me and I couldn't be there for him right away. But we fell into a routine really quickly and I feel so much love for both of these little boys and I hardly remember what life was like a month ago. Even though some days are hard I LOVE being a mother! It is the greatest blessing that my Heavenly Father has given me. I haven't felt any depression this time around and it's wonderful! I just feel happy and most of the time I feel like I know what I'm doing. :)
Now for a few pictures of the boys.
Mom and Dean.
 Handsome Brennen.
 Dean is this chill and calm almost all the time! And check out how long Brennen's eyelashes are.
 Brennen sharing his puzzles...
 Cute, sleeping baby.
 Brotherly love. <3
 More sleeping. His Grandma Hope made the beautiful afghan on top of him.
 A hint of a smile. :)

2 comments:

Christena said...

You have some handsome boys! I am glad that you don't feel any depression. My dr told me that he once had a lady say that when the road curved she wanted to go straight. So I am glad that you are turning with the road! ;)

~April~ said...

So totally cute!