Thursday, December 1, 2011

The return of the fat, random thoughts, and family pics!

I love being pregnant for so many reasons but I still have a really hard time accepting being fat!

I worked my buns off this spring and summer to get my pre-preg weight back and it seems like all that work was for nothing ‘cause I’m just going to have to do it again. It’s hard because I know I’ll never be as gorgeous as my friends, sisters and especially my sisters-in-law. Deep down I know it’s ok and that people who really love me will love me no matter what but it’s hard when I already feel a bit worthless and then I look in the mirror and want to barf ha ha!

And really, it’s my own fault because I can choose to eat better even though I’m pregnant.

All that aside, I’m feeling great! I don’t worry about the baby like I did with Brennen because I have more faith this time that everything is ok in there with this little squirt. I’m not extra tired or swollen yet (except for all that extra fat. HA!) so this really is the “honeymoon” period of pregnancy for me!

I love Christmas but I find myself getting stressed about what to get for people and where in the devil the extra money is going to come from to buy those things. I need to remember that it’s not about the material stuff, it’s about celebrating the birth of our Savior and I just need to chill out.

Matt is almost done with the semester! Today is his last day of class and then he has three tough finals next week. It will be so nice for him to be done but next semester is supposed to be pretty brutal and he’ll be taking 5 more credits than he took this semester. But after that it’s rotations!

We went to Lyman for Thanksgiving and then Brennen got to help decorate the Christmas tree at Grandma and Grandpa’s house. So here are some pics from the weekend.

IMG_1424IMG_1425IMG_1428IMG_1433IMG_1446IMG_1435IMG_1447IMG_1460IMG_1463IMG_1467

We also drove to Evanston on Saturday morning to have a girl I went to high school with take some family pictures for us. Brennen was NOT happy and it was probably just too cold for him so we only got a couple of all of us and none of just him but the few we got really turned out great and I think she did such a good job!

IMG_2848IMG_2853IMG_2864IMG_2887

2 comments:

Christena said...

All of the pictures are gorgeous!! I really wish that you could see what the rest of us see. You don't need to compare yourself to others. I've always thought you were gorgeous and I'm not the only one nor am I biased!

Brooke Carroll said...

You do NOT look fat, are you kidding me? You look great! And those pictures turned out really beautifully. Glad you are feeling good. I don't know if you got my message on facebook, but we will be in Lyman for Christmas, so let me know if you want to meet up!