Tuesday, November 15, 2011

3 to 1

I went in for another ultrasound today because last week the little guy was hiding the top of his head and the tech couldn’t get all the brain measurements. Today he was much more cooperative and we got everything measured and he’s looking great! We also got a few more very clear shots of his boy-ness so come March I really will be outnumbered 3 to 1 in our little family! (I’d love to post ultrasound pics but I only have hard copies and no scanner and taking a picture of a picture just doesn’t quite do it).

It was great to be able to go in because a couple days ago I had a bit of a scare very much like the one I had when I was 15 weeks with Brennen but everything looked great with the baby, I just have some cervical issues I guess. I also have been having a ton of braxton hicks so the doc said that if this happens again I will probably need to go on bed rest for awhile. Please no! Eek! I will go insane.

I’d like a little girl someday but I also think I would be very happy being a mother to all boys. I’ve always gotten along better with boys anyway which is funny considering the fact that when it comes to extra drama and emotions I am definitely all girl. So for now I don’t mind being outnumbered!

This pregnancy isn’t really on my mind 24/7 like it was with Brennen but whenever I stop and think about this little guy I just get so excited, especially that it’s another boy. I never “nested” with my first pregnancy but I’ve already started feeling the urge with this one. I can’t wait to go through all the baby clothes and blankets, decide when he’ll wear home from the hospital, make a little place for him in our home, and I REALLY can’t wait to meet him! I can’t wait to see his little face for the first time and feel that powerful, pure love that I felt for Brennen ‘cause I already know I’m going to feel it with this little guy, too, because I love him already!

Motherhood sure is hard sometimes but I also know that it’s such an amazing and precious gift that has been given to me by my Heavenly Father and I’m so thankful for it!

I love my cute little boy!
IMG_1365

3 comments:

Christena said...

You have a very cute boy there! You are going to have a couple of heartbreakers when they get big!

Kathleen said...

It's relieving to hear everything looked good again with this additional ultrasound. For your sanity, I'm sure hoping and praying you don't have to go on bed rest. My sister-in-law has two boys, 21 months apart, and they're adorable. I think she feels exactly as you do--she wouldn't mind having a daughter someday, but she loves being outnumbered in the meantime.

~April~ said...

He is so big! I had braxton hicks with Kam from like 3 months to the end and never needed bed rest or anything. That's lame. You should be sure it's absolutely necessary!