Tuesday, November 8, 2011

20 weeks!

IMG_1390

Today I got my ultrasound and we found out we’re having a BOY! I’m really excited and I think it will be great for he and Brennen to have each other throughout their lives. I knew I would be 100% happy either way because I had no preference but this morning I woke up and I just felt like it was a boy. Everything is looking good with this little baby but I have to go back in a week for another ultrasound because he is SO low and his head is down so the tech couldn’t get a good enough shot of the top of his head to measure his brain so we’re going to try again for that but everything else looks normal! He’s also moving around a TON lately but I love it. It’s one of the greatest feelings in the whole world. I love him so much already!

I’m feeling great this pregnancy except that I’m REALLY emotional and moody and poor Matt is the one who takes the brunt of it. Good thing he loves me no matter what. 3 weeks ago the doc told me I needed to eat more because I hadn’t gained any weight but when I went today I had gained 3 pounds in the 3 weeks so he can’t complain anymore! I’m slowly but very surely getting fat. :)

Some days I feel like I’m going to go insane sitting at home but I tried to get a job and no one would hire me. I couldn’t even get hired as a monitor or a sub for the school district and I don’t know why because I think I did a pretty good job for them in the past! But I know it’s good for me to be home with Brennen (and I love it) and teaching piano helps, too.

As for Brennen, he is as crazy as ever. He’s especially wild over at his Grandma and Grandpa Clark’s and loves attacking his uncle Brad (who is 12). He’s so funny and so smart. He definitely learns things by example because he imitates what I say when I least expect it and is good at folding his arms during prayers and shouts “a-MEN!” at the end. I won’t list all the words he says because there are just too many to list.

We didn’t do too much for Halloween because Brennen is still a little young but we dressed him up as a devil and took him over to my friend Sarah’s, my brothers, and Matt’s parent’s where he scored all the candy (that Matt and I ate most of).

IMG_1373-2IMG_1376-2IMG_1380-2

3 comments:

Kathleen said...

Another little handsome angel on the way! Congratulations, Melissa! So happy for you. :)

Christena said...

YAY for another boy! You could possibly have your hands quite full pretty soon, but it'll be worth it! I love you!

~April~ said...

You are cute sister. I told Kamaryn that you were having a boy (after she was freaking out and telling me a million times that I needed to tell her because you found out...ha ha). She said, "a boy?" I think she was disappointed but she's happy to be able to be thankful for Melissa, Matt and Brennen and Melissa's baby boy. :P