Monday, December 19, 2011

A few things

18 months
I’ve started telling people that Brennen is one and a half. That seems so crazy to me! The biggest change for him the past couple months has been his vocabulary. It is HUGE. He communicates really well and has a really clear voice that’s easy to understand. He’s good at difficult consonants like “L” and he likes saying the names of all his aunts and uncles. The only one he can’t really get is my sisters. Sorry, Christena. Your name is just a little tricky. :) Matt took him to the doc the other day and he’s in the 75% for length and head and 25% for weight. We love him so much, he is a crack up!

IMG_1476IMG_1520

Work
I’ve been working full time for a week and a half and I love teaching music. I love getting out of the house and making money for our family and I’m blessed that I get to do something I love. This teacher I’m subbing for just left it all up to me so I’m doing all of the planning, too. I feel like I’m the “real” teacher and it’s been good for me. But as much as I like it you can bet the second 3:30 comes around I’m busting it home to see my little boy (and Matt, too).

Baby #2
I’ve been feeling really good this pregnancy! At this point in my first pregnancy I was about 11 pounds heavier and I don’t feel as big with this one. I actually feel like I have more energy than I did with the first one (for now at least) and I haven’t been very sick. He moves around a ton and I love it! He has the same movement patterns that Brennen did and I’m hoping that doesn’t mean he’s going to be just as wild as Brennen. The one difference is I am WAY more moody. Yikes. It helps with classroom management, though. :) And as usual, the kids at school say some pretty cute and funny things. I’ll have to list those in a separate post.

Time of year
I really get to feeling sorry for myself sometimes and I let negative feelings override the positive ones. Whenever I remember to count my blessings it gets better, though, and this time of year makes it easy to do that. We were having family home evening tonight and I was “teaching” the lesson about the birth of the Savior and when I started reading what the angels said to the shepherds I looked at Brennen and I don’t know how much he was getting but he was quiet and just looking at me with big eyes and I couldn’t hold back the tears. It really is such a blessing that the Savior was born and tonight I was really thinking about how grateful I am for this time of year we have to celebrate that. I’m glad that Christmas is on a Sunday because I’ll get to attend church, partake of the sacrament, and really think about the Savior and what Christmas really means.

1 comment:

Christena said...

You awesome sister! I'm excited to see you guys and Brennen and it's okay that he can't say my name. I can barely say it. ;)