Monday, February 28, 2011

5 Things I Love About…

  • Laramie
    • Living literally down the street from family
    • Camping/hiking/skiing/picnics/fishing and etc. in the nearby mountain ranges
    • The University of Wyoming
    • Walking in one of the many parks
    • Great friends/great ward
  • Music
    • Singing songs to my little boy
    • Jamming out in the car singing at the top of my lungs ‘cause no one else can hear me
    • The spirit it brings into my home
    • Being able to teach it
    • This doesn’t really fit with the “love about” theme but I wanted to list a few of my favorite songs of the moment:
      • Just the Way You Are – Bruno Mars
      • Anything Like Me – Brad Paisley
      • That’s All – Michael Buble
  • Motherhood
    • The wonderful responsibility and blessing of being able to take care of some of God’s children while on this earth
    • Feeling more worthwhile than ever
    • Sacrificing for other people
    • Being able to stay at home, keep my house clean, cook dinner, and be the one who is there for my child(ren)
    • The fact that I can wear a dirty shirt and no one cares or wonders why
  • Brennen
    • When he says “mum mum” even though he doesn’t quite know yet what it means
    • When he’s really tired and actually cuddles with me
    • His laughter and smiles and his ability to make me laugh and smile all day long
    • When he flaps his arms and kicks his legs
    • His intense curiosity about the world. I love watching him learn new things
  • Matt
    • His patience
    • His desire to know everything about everything
    • When he holds me and just listens to me rather than trying to “fix it”
    • He’s working hard with his education so that he will be able to provide for our family
    • He honors his priesthood

2 comments:

Christena said...

Very inspiring list. Makes me think that I need to be better and count my blessings rather than my trials!
PS I'm listening the Just the Way You Are right now. I really like all three of the songs that you wrote down. We have similar taste I think!

Amy said...

What a great posting idea!!! And thanks for inviting me to your blog!