Monday, February 21, 2011

Random thoughts, eight, and 26

So I started writing my blog posts on windows live writer and I really like it a lot! I’m still getting used to it, though, so that’s why the past couple posts have been a little, well, large. I feel like the pictures and the font are just huge. I’m working on it. :)

I can’t remember if I mentioned this before but I made a little schedule for myself, mostly for housecleaning but I also try to squeeze in a little time every day to develop my talents, study the scriptures, and read for pleasure. I’ve also been trying to get back to my pre-pregnancy weight and I’m within 2 pounds! So I’ve really been watching what I eat and have been exercising daily. It’s amazing how much better I feel about myself and about life when I keep the house clean and when I feel like I’m trying to be healthy.

One form of exercise has been a new thing for me and that’s cross country skiing. Matt did it in high school so he’s really good at it and I’ve wanted him to teach me since we first got married. He probably put it off because he knows how bad I am at downhill.
IMG_3074 IMG_3071

Last week Brennen turned 8 months! He scoots and rolls around like a mad man but no crawling yet and that’s ok with me! He suddenly decided he doesn’t like vegetables. Ugh! I try all sorts of things but he always gags and spits and pushes the spoon or the little bite size pieces away. I still try every day, though. He is so smart and so much fun! He’s been cranky lately cause he’s finally getting his first tooth! I expect it to break through any  day now.
IMG_3843 IMG_3838
IMG_3900 IMG_3889
DSC03103

And lastly, I turned 26 on the 18th. So I’m officially in my late twenties… or I guess I can still say mid twenties. :) We were in Lyman visiting my family on  my birthday and it was really fun. My little niece Kamaryn made me a birthday card and I got to meet my soon to be brother in law, Ben. He is such a nice guy, he’s so good with April’s kids and perfect for April. Matt got me a new digital camera for my birthday and I love it! It’s a canon that’s a couple upgrades up from my old canon camera.
Brennen in the car on the way back from our Lyman trip.
DSC03087

26 fingers on my birthday.
 DSC03083

3 comments:

Christena said...

Very cute and I see the blanket I made you out. I'm glad that you are using it. I'm not sure whether I'm still mid twenties or late. It's a fine line I suppose. ;)

Christena said...

PS I told Rik that I thought it would be fun to go cross country skiing and he told me that he thought I would hate it. Maybe you'll have to take me sometime :)

Brooke Carroll said...

Happy late birthday! I hope you had a fun one. Your little man is so cute. Glad he is doing good! Teething is no fun, it's kind of hard on them, but it's so fun when their little teeth start popping up! And that is SO cool that you are skiing! I have never tried it before, it sounds awesome!