Monday, April 26, 2010

My Little Friend

Sorry for all the blogging, I bet everyone just loves to hear about the silly little things going on in my life.
But I have to share. My little friend is back. The mouse. I realize this is not that big of a deal, but I am a WUSS and I don't like little creatures hanging out around me where they don't belong.
First thing this morning at about 7:30 I was just sitting peacefully in my office putting grades into the gradebook when I see a furry critter sitting in my office doorway gazing up at me with his beady little eyes. He ran away after I screamed.
A few minutes later I look across the room to see him sitting in an open cupboard on one of the choir folder shelves about 4 from the bottom. At this point I kinda wanted to get him on camera so I slowly got up from my chair, grabbed my camera and took a few steps forward at which point he leaped out and started running along the wall toward me. So I screamed again, dropped my camera, ran into my office and closed the door.
Believe it or not, I see him again a few minutes later scampering across the floor toward my marker board on wheels. He ran underneath it and stayed for awhile. So I watched him for a few minutes to see what he would do and he creeped out and started trying to climb the markerboard. The bottom of it is slick plastic and kind of slants downward so you can imagine the bad luck he was having. It made me laugh so hard watching him. Again I wanted to get him on camera so I opened my door but he heard that and ran INTO a little bin I have for brightly colored mini maracas (for elementary) and burrowed himself beneath them. I haven't seen him since. Needless to say, I probably won't be letting the kids play those until they've been cleaned.
After weeks of hiding he finally comes out and stays in plain sight doing the most ridiculous things. Maybe he's been cooped up in here too long.

2 comments:

Christena said...

That would actually be funny to witness. Good luck with your mouse friend.

~April~ said...

Ha ha ha. I can totally imagine him just staring at you... hee hee. You paint the greatest pictures with your stories... remember the hobo email! Ha ha ha!

Love you sister!