Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Accomplishments!

As I mentioned in a previous post, I graduated! I got my degree in Music Education, Vocal Emphasis. The graduation ceremony was pretty long (like 3 hours!) but I got to sit in the press box rather than with the graduates because I sang during the ceremony with the Vocal Jazz Ensemble. My entire family came to visit and it was so great to see all of them here. I'll post a couple pictures of the event.
My whole fam! (minus my sister's husband Rik and MY husband who was taking the pic)

I love this pic of me with my nephew Tanner! (mostly cause we're both just so cute.) ;)
My wonderful supportive husband Matt and me

Me in the arena right after the ceremony


The Monday after I graduated I went back to the Jr. High to conduct the 8th-9th grade choir at the anual Spring Sing. I was nervous because it's a performance including every elementary school, us, and the high school so I knew there would be lots of people there and it was only my second time conducting in front of an audience. It went pretty well, though, and Matt caught a couple pictures of me. He was up in the balcony so they're a little blurry but I was glad he thought to take them!

I look a little creepy with my eyes glowing...A shot of the back of the group and the audience behind me.

Speaking of thinking to take pictures.... I am terrible! About a month ago Matt had his white coat ceremony for pharmacy school. I had my camera but just didn't think to take pictures! I usually take tons so I felt really bad about it. Thankfully his advisor emailed him these pictures of the event. :) It was great to be there and to see Matt's acomplishments with pharmacy school. He is SO smart and I'm really proud of him.

Here are the P1's sitting down after being "coated." :)

Group picture of the class of 2012! Matt is on the very far right, second from the back.
And here's Matt shaking Dean Vandel's hand after being coated. This picture cracks me up! :)

3 comments:

Robertson Family said...

Congrats Mel! And Matt- you look like a giant standing next to Dean Vandel. Who is your advisor, by the way?
Gareth

Melissa said...

Hey Gary. I guess I gave her the wrong title. The person I was refering to is Maria Bennett but she's not really his advisor I guess, technically she's the manager of pharmacy student services (or so Matt tells me). His official advisor is Carol Kobulnicky.

Christena said...

I love the picture of you and Tanner. It's one of my favorites. Matt looks good in that coat that he'll be wearing the rest of his life.