Friday, June 5, 2009

Accomplishments Part II

I've been posting this everywhere but I'm super excited! I have a job! I'll be teaching K-12 music at Rock River, about 40 miles North of Laramie. I didn't think I would be able to get a music teaching job because I'm "stuck" in Laramie while Matt finishes pharmacy school so I'm way excited to have an opportunity to teach music! I'll be teaching general music K-8 plus a jr. high choir and a high school choir. There are also a couple of strings there. It is a tiny little 1A school but it will be really fun I think! Another part of the job is driving every Wednesday to 2 isolated schools. Each of these schools has only 2 students and are located 40 miles N. of Rock River so I'll be going a long way but I'm excited to do it and the scenery will be awesome! I will go with the art teacher and we'll drive a 4-wheel drive vehicle provided by the school district. YAY!

3 comments:

~April~ said...

Awesome opossum :)

Brooke said...

That is so great that you found something so close, I mean the commute isn't perfect but at least its not Gillette or something. YAY. Good luck with the kiddos.

Christena said...

Sounds like an adventure to teach those 2 students!