Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Many Outdoor Adventures

First of all, I'm sorry about all the pictures! I could have put tons more on but I didn't. :)
Between Matt's pharamacy rotations and both of us working for Clark and Sons Lawncare, we have actually been able to spend some time outdoors. Toward the end of May we took an evening and visited Ames Monument and climbed around on Vedauwoo.


Matt next to Ames Monument

A flattering picture of Matt climbing the monument (anyone who knows him will not be surprised). :)


Matt on top of a rock at Vedauwoo


Me sitting on some rocks at Vedauwoo



A couple weeks later we decided to go camping in the same basic area. We wandered around and found a little campsite that I loved! It was surrounded by rocks and was really pretty and out of the way.


Our little campsite (and our bright orange tent)

Me on top of some rocks

ha ha we were exploring an unknown dirt road on the way out and discovered this beaver dam blocking the road. It was pretty cool but our little cavalier had to turn around. :)



This past weekend we decided to go to Laramie Peak. As part of my job at Rock River, I will drive every Wednesday with the art teacher out to two isolated schools that are about 40 miles north of Rock River. We decided to find those two schools as well. We found River Bridge School on Friday night and then made our way to a little campground near Laramie Peak. The next morning we woke up and climbed to the top of the peak! There wasn't a trail so we paved our way and man it was the hardest hike I've ever done but totally worth it! On our way back we found Cozy Hollow School. It was a very tiring but very fun weekend!
Me standing in front of River Bridge!
This is about half way through our climb. You can see the peak in the background and yes. We got to the top of that. No trail. Just huge rocks. And lots of trees.
And a view fro the top! Man pictures do not do it justice!

And another view. (too bad it was kinda a hazy day)
And finally, me in front of Cozy Hollow! Do I look tired? I totally AM!

4 comments:

~April~ said...

Lovely adventures and I love those cute little schools :)

Brooke said...

Mel,
It sounds like you are having quite a good time in Laramie. It is fun seeing all sorts of new things and having venues to check out all the time, but sometimes I really wish I were back home sleeping on my own bed instead of a futon and had something familiar around.
Other than that we are having a blast!!! What operas did you get to watch?

Christena said...

You two always have so much fun together!! Good luck with your future job! Sounds like you are going to love it!

Anonymous said...

Hey Mel! I'm glad things are working out for you too, and it really has been too long! But yeah, life is great right now, and i'm working hard to make sure it stays that way! Congrats on the Job, and Life in general, keep posting it's fun to see you and matt!
Bye bye