Friday, May 23, 2008

I LIED!!!!

I totally lied about the "beauty" of Laramie. I HATE it and the crazy weather. Yesterday we had rain, hail, lightening, thunder, wind, snow, sun, and (best of all) TORNADOES!!!! Stupid Laramie, tornadoes are one of my biggest fears! I was in class in the basement of the classroom building at the time and we all were gathered together in the hallways, but Matt was in our 2nd story apartment, ONE BLOCK away from the Jr. High School where an equipment shed was blown to shreds and took many trees, fences, and goal posts with it. There were a few tornadoes really close to my inlaws house and lots of stop lights are out. The one closest to their house still has the polls, but no lights except one that is wrapped around the poll. And there are a TON of trees down in that area, torn up by the roots or broken in half and hanging out on top of houses. There was a ton of rain coming down yesterday and the day before, so the weight of the water on the trees and the soft ground probably didn't help out in the fate of those trees. And to top things off, we don't have power and probably won't for a few days due to downed power lines. I'm at the university right now cause they have power (bummer cause I had to go to class). So, bottom line, Laramie BITES. :) We were actually pretty lucky though cause Windsor Colorado got hit pretty bad and as far as I know no one was hurt in Laramie. But still, it was scary, and it's really annoying to not have power. It makes me count my blessings and think about maybe actually getting some food storage... but on the other hand, we do have a propane camp stove, and I could eat a few things on that. :) Good thing I'm going to Lyman today where I will have power, but where I'll have to boil my drinking water... I'll post some pictues of the damage later.

1 comment:

~April~ said...

Sounds like quite the adventure. Glad to know everyone is fine. Love ya.