Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Bike Safety

I have this friend, and her name is Sarah. She's a great person, but sometimes klutzy. People make fun of her for it sometimes, which is sad, but when I do it's totally out of love and she should know that by now. So the other day, while Matt and I were on our adventure, I didn't have my phone and when we got back there were two missed calls and a text from Sarah. The text basically said that she got hit by a car on her bike but she was ok. I kinda freaked out for a second, but remembered that she was ok and called her. The poor girl was doing nothing wrong but a car hit her while she was crossing the street at an intersection and it was turning right; the guy didn't even see her til they hit. She thought he saw her, so she kept going. Not her fault and it didn't happen cause she's a klutz. But still, if anyone would have asked me before this happened which one of my friends was most likely to get hit by a car, I would have said Sarah. :) If she reads this she may think that I only wrote it cause she was talking about it today, but I actually saw a guy almost get hit today on his bike, but he was being dumb so it would have been his fault. So I wanted to comment on general bike safety. :) She has some bumps and bruises, but over all she's ok cause she was wearing a helmet and close toe shoes. Way to go! Everyone remember to be SAFE! hee hee

2 comments:

Christena said...

Wow that is pretty scary! I think I would have freaked out if it was me. I suppose I need to get Tanner a helmet too when he gets a bike.

Michael said...

Oh Poop. Helmets are for sissies. ;)