Saturday, May 17, 2008

5K

Right now, Matt is happily running in a 5K race. He asked me yesterday if I would join him, and I said yes without really thinking. Then this morning when we woke up I realized that I haven't gone running in about a year, and that I didn't want to kill myself by either embarrassment or asphyxiation. Also, this race is a fundraiser for the local Junior High, so common sense tells me that I really shouldn't pay $20 to kill myself in public, even though it's probably for a good cause of some kind. So, much to his chagrin, I stayed home while he left and said he'd be back in a half hour... meaning he'd have to run the dang thing in less than that. Some of you are probably laughing at me because 3 little miles is really not life or death, but Matt doesn't run on a regular basis, so I'm proud of him and disappointed in myself. :) This has made me realize that I need to get back into the habit of exercise; I used to run 2 miles a day! Matt's dad, who will be 50 in a month, is also running in the race, along with Matt's younger siblings, Brad and Mary, ages 9 and 11. They actually would have KICKED my trash, but seriously, if they can all do it, what's wrong with me?! New goal: go running at least once a week! :)

6 comments:

Big Boss said...

I have to start running too. I HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE running, but I'm so stiff and achy these days from sitting all the time that I think it's about time I get a move on. I'm with you in spirit. :D

Christena said...

Exercise always makes you feel better and getting into the habit will help you so that you don't get fat like me;)

Christena said...

Oh and how did Matt do in the race? I'm sure he's done by now.

~April~ said...

I need to start exercising too. The doc put me on some meds and said they could cause weight gain... that's all I need :P You should have called me or something.

Melissa said...

his time was 24:04 and he finished 3rd in his age group (20-29). we don't know how many were in his age group, but probably quite a few.

Michael said...

HAHA. you are lazy shmelly. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA not really.