Monday, March 25, 2013

Spring Break and Dean’s Party

Our schedules still pretty much follow the school calendar since Matt is still in school and we both substitute teach for the school district and my piano students have days off when they don’t have school. So we still get spring break. :)

We didn’t go on a fancy vacation but we had lots of fun anyway. We went to Cheyenne just to get a couple things and it was a very productive trip. Dean was crying in the car and Brennen said, “Cool it, Dean!” Compassionate… But then he and I sang Dean songs and it was better.

On Friday we went to the temple. We hadn’t been for a long time, it’s so much harder to go when you have kids! But I know we’re blessed to have a temple only about 2 hours away. So we just took the boys with us and took turns going in to the temple. It was a really good, spiritual day, even outside with the boys. Brennen started singing made up songs about how he loves the temple and then he sang the real “I Love to See the Temple” song. It was so cute! They loved the fountain. They were SO good in the car even though it took like 3 hours to get back because of traffic. We JUST missed the huge storm which was good!

IMG_3882

On Saturday my parents and brother Kasey came and we celebrated Dean’s birthday a few days early (we’ll probably do another little “party” on his real birthday on Wednesday). It was really nice to see them. We went to the dinosaur museum here on campus then had cake and ice cream. Later that night we went out to eat and spent time playing and talking.

Brennen LOVES dinosaurs these days. He was in heaven.
IMG_3887

My sailboat cake. And cupcakes that are supposed to look like fishing poles catching fish (my frosting was a bit too thin…) I am SO not crafty in any way so I’m proud of the little I can do. :)IMG_3889

Dean eating cake. He wouldn’t just dig in so I was feeding him with a fork but then he was upset about that and cried a bit. :) It was actually funny and cute, though.
IMG_3894IMG_3895

Opening presents. He got a book of nursery rhymes, a couple toy bath tub boats, an ostrich and a deer and some cute clothes from Grandma (he’ll be getting a couple more things on the real b-day).
IMG_3896IMG_3902

Fun times with Grandma and Grandpa!
IMG_3906IMG_3910IMG_3911

It was a nice little break and now we’re back to the grind! Matt goes back to class this week and is subbing today. I’ll start my full-time long-term sub assignment as soon as the jr. high choir teacher has her baby (any day now).

1 comment:

Christena said...

Love it!!!! I wish we were close so that we could have been there!