Tuesday, March 12, 2013

He Speaks!

All of a sudden, within the past week or two, my 11 1/2 month old Dean can say several words in correct context! His little voice isn’t quite as clear and easily understood as Brennen’s was at the same age but it sure is cute. :) So here is what he says.

  • Cracker: “ca-ca”
  • Dog: “dah”
  • Blanket: “bay-keh”
  • Catch: “caaa!” (he says it while throwing a ball and we’ve said it to him before)
  • Ball: “bah”
  • Drink: “doo-ee” (he says it when I present a sippy cup)
  • If I say, “Ready, set…” he’ll sometimes say, “go!”
  • Mom: “mum mum mum” (he says while pointing at me).

This is Dean after I allowed him to eat ravioli by himself… not doing that again in the near future!IMG_3826

Here are a few more things he does.

  • He’s good at throwing a ball one handed.
  • He figured out how to click his tongue and does it all the time now.
  • He’s started to point at things he wants.
  • He can climb onto anything! I really have to watch him sometimes.
  • He throws fits sometimes… :)
  • I thought he’d be walking by now but nope. No interest. :) But he can stand alone. He uses the furniture or walls to pull up still but then he’ll let go and just stand there for awhile. Then when he realizes what he’s done he’ll fall down on purpose.
  • He LOVES his blanket from Grandma Hope. He won’t go into or out of his crib without it.
  • He still doesn’t sleep through the night but is a good napper (opposite of Brennen).
  • He can put shapes into the shape sorter. He doesn’t get it right every time (he probably gets lucky when he does!) but if I point to the right one he’ll put it in by himself.
  • He is SO quick to smile and laugh.

It’s crazy to me how fast he’s growing up! He and Brennen are getting along better every day and really like to play together. I love being a mother to these two little boys!

IMG_3832

I actually think Brennen looks a little like me in this picture! It’s usually hard for me to see myself in my kids.

3 comments:

Christena said...

The part about him walking was almost exactly like Lydia except I didn't think she would be walking yet, but she will stand alone and then realize she is doing it and just sit down.

Kathleen said...

So cute! You are such a good mom, Melissa! I see you in Brennen all the time. Your boys are lookers!

~April~ said...

Dean looks absolutely thrilled with himself in the ravioli aftermath picture... ha ha.