Thursday, July 19, 2012

The Latest

Potty training is on my mind all...the...time. I feel like right now my life revolves around Brennen's toilet schedule and therefore that's all I really talk about (warning: don't call me if you don't want to talk about this). :D But I think he's doing a pretty good job!
Eating a sucker while coming down the slide after the parade. He looks like such a patriot! :)
Petting a little pony during the parade (the pony is Cowboy Joe in Training). He actually liked it much better than it looks like he did.

I realized yesterday that Dean doesn't talk... Brennen would jabber all the time at this age but little Dean just sits and watches people with a content little smile on his face. He even smiles when he cries. No joke. He's so much like Matthew. Just sits and lets the world go by and doesn't feel the need to fill it with his voice. (Brennen is much more like me. As Matt puts it, we both want everyone to know "all the things.") :) He also has grown out of the bassinet so we put him in his crib in Brennen's room. He seems so grown up now!
My smiley guy! I love that he's sitting on a blanket my sister made and leaning on a blanket my mom made. :)

I've been way more positive lately. I had gotten stuck in a "feel sorry for myself" rut but I decided to snap out of it and I can't even tell you how much happier I've been. That being said, sometimes I still have hard days. Like yesterday. I was really in that "feel sorry for myself" mode and told Matt that I thought it was about time that something good happened for us. But then my awesome husband reminded me of some things.

I keep thinking that maybe we're supposed to learn something from all of the trials and little road blocks that keep coming our way and Matt said that maybe things would get better for us if we learned humility and graditude. He reminded me that despite what we may think, we do not ever deserve anything in life. Everything we have comes from our Heavenly Father. Everything. He blesses us with everything we have and with every good thing that comes to us. So we need to have humility and remember that we are not in control and we are not better than other people and we are especially not better or wiser than God. (Is it "wiser" or "more wise?" Evidently I am NOT wise). :)

He said that WE needed to learn those things but I think we both know that it's mostly ME. :) Most of the things that have been going on should be harder for Matthew but it seems that they're not. Although, even I'm not sure of that because my husband is NOT a complainer. He does NOT wallow in self pitty. (Example: Last time he was sick I only knew it because I noticed him blowing his nose a lot. When I asked if he was sick he said that he'd felt pretty crappy all week but that he was almost over it. And he does that all the time! I could do a much better job taking care of him if I knew he was sick). :) He's such a good example for me.

So even though I sometimes think things could be better, I also have been thinking about my blessings and they are too numerous to count.

2 comments:

~April~ said...

You are awesome! You should call me sometimes :P

Christena said...

I love your positive attitude! I need to remember to count my blessings as well.