Saturday, June 16, 2012

All About Brennen

Yesterday was Brennen’s 2nd birthday! I really feel like he’s been around for so much longer than just two years but yet I remember the day he was born like it was yesterday. I knew the moment I saw him that my life would never be the same, I just didn’t know just how different it would really be!
I can’t even say enough about this little guy but I’ll try.
  • I can’t begin to tell you all the words he knows because he knows them all. Literally. He talks like crazy and carries on conversations. He is very easy to understand because he speaks so clearly. And he can pronounce big words perfectly like “Mississippi” for example.
  • He can count to 20 but almost always skips 10.
  • He knows all the colors and shapes. He’s a little off on some of the more obscure colors but he knows just about any shape you could think of.
  • He knows about half the letters and most numbers by sight.
  • He is starting to be potty trained! He's a bit stubborn, though, so we'll see how it goes...
  • He is what my mom calls “perpetual motion.” He really never holds still.
  • He can jump pretty high with both feet off the ground. He also runs up and down stairs (and everywhere else for that matter) and loves climbing on rocks at Vedauwoo.
  • He LOVES being outside. He would stay out there all day long.
  • He loves tomatoes, especially the little cherry ones. They are easily his favorite food (fruit snacks are a close second).
  • If I kneel down on the floor and open my arms he runs into them and gives me a big hug and a kiss and usually says “I love you so much!” <3
  • He loves us to read books to him.
  • He loves tractors and our new apartment is right next to the place that rents them out so he loves that he gets to see so many every day.
  • He loves watching “the monkey” (Curious George).
  • He loves playing with “my baby Dean!” And is already a great big brother.
  • I don’t want to say anything negative but let’s just say he’s a very determined kid who knows what he wants and has been acting like he’s 2 since the day he was born. :)
  • When he gets mad he’ll run around the house like crazy and then often times finds something random to bite (today it was the TV). I try not to encourage it but it’s hard not to laugh.
  • He’s starting to be a little demanding. The other day he looked at me, pointed to the kitchen table and said, “Mom! DINNER!” (Matt said he was going to teach him how to say "cook, woman!" I told him no).
  • He has the cutest smile, complete with dimples, and he uses it a lot.
Like I said, I couldn’t possibly say it all so I’ll stop there. I love this little boy so very much. He wears me out and sometimes I feel like I must be the most clueless parent on the planet because I don’t know how to deal with his constant, er, “energy.” :) But he is so funny, smart, and sweet. He never fails to leave a positive impression on the people he meets. I am SO very thankful for him!

Here are a few pictures from yesterday. I didn’t get any with people who came to his party but they were: all his grandparents, uncles Kasey and Brad, Aunt Mary, Sarah and her girls Chelsey and Emma, and of course me and Matt and Dean.

My monkey cupcakes. I'm not an artist. :P
 Getting ready to blow out the candles.

 Some presents.

 A monkey.
 Eating the monkey.
 Playing with Chelsey. Poor girl couldn't quite escape the hug...

 "I'm 2!"
 Brennen's haul: 4 pack of puzzles, bear puzzle, abacas, tomatoes, book, tractors, tools, cards, clothes.
 We both look a little crazy but I couldn't escape the day without a picture of me and my Brennen!

2 comments:

Christena said...

Awesome! I love that little boy.
PS I could totally here Matt teaching him the "cook woman." It made me laugh.
PPS I love the cupcakes. They look great.

Sarah said...

I LOVE the cupcakes! You are awesome! Also, you have two cute kids you know! ;) Happy Birthday, Brennen!