Thursday, August 5, 2010

Family

I've been feeling really grateful for family lately and I wanted to say a few things about them. I don't usually do posts like this but I felt like it today.
My entire family came to my graduation last year and to Brennen's blessing last month and I'm thankful that they were all willing to come and see us even though we live far away. My parents have always been so loving and supportive and my siblings have all become my best friends. My "real" dad passed away when I was only a couple months old and my mom was only 24 and had three little girls to raise. That's when my other "real" dad stepped in! He met and married my mom and has treated me and my sisters like his own from day one and we've always felt that we belong to him (because we do). I love my family!

Matt's family is also so amazing and I'm so glad we live close because I don't know what we'd do sometimes without them. The other day Gwen watched Brennen for me and also came and rescued me when my car was dead and then let me borrow her car to run my errands. They're always helping us out with stuff and they feed us dinner a lot and we know we can always call any of them if we need anything and I'm SO grateful for that.

And I'm so happy that I married Matt! I couldn't ask for a better husband and eternal companion. He is amazing and works really hard and loves me and Brennen so much. Brennen is such a good little boy. He only wakes us up once in the night to eat and some nights he doesn't wake up at all until around 6:00! (like last night, thanks little boy!!)

3 comments:

Brooke Carroll said...

I feel the same way about family...so glad you have such supportive families! And he is getting so big...love that little smile. I hope you are enjoying him so much. :D

Kathryn said...

That was a beautiful post. Good boy Brennan for being kind to your momma! It truly makes life so much easier when babies sleep through the night. Hope it was just the start of wonderful nights and that he keeps it up!

~April~ said...

Love you sis!