Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Bloom Where You're Planted

A few months ago we had a Relief Society get together (formerly enrichment night) and a sister in the ward shared 10 tips for how to "Bloom Where You're Planted." Then a couple weeks ago we had another get together and they gave all the sisters a laminated card with those 10 tips on it. Matt saw it and said, "Is this like a survival guide for stay at home moms?" :) I'm pretty sure that's not how it was meant but I've really applied some of these things and they've helped me a lot so I thought I'd share the tips.



1.Get out and move
-I always feel TONS better when I can get out of the house and/or exercise.
2. Eat Right
3. Dress Right
-I've found that if I actually get dressed and do my hair and makeup that I feel so much better about myself.
4. Surround yourself with people and things that lift you up.
5. Change the decor.
-I took all my pictures off the walls and put them in new places and re-arranged the living room and it helped my spirits more than I thought it would.
6. Be with others.
-Cause even though I love Brennen and wouldn't change where I spend my days it can get a little lonely sometimes just me and him.
7. Grow your interests.
8. Sign up to play a sport, take a class, or teach a class.
-It really helps me to be active and also do things to keep learning.
9. "Fertilize with love," serve others.
10. Look to the Son for strength.


Anyway, I just wanted to share that. And as always I have to post a picture of Brennen. :)

1 comment:

Brooke Carroll said...

Awesome that is great. Thanks for sharing, I needed that! And YES, we need the babies to meet so that they can get to know their "future spouse" :) hahaha I love it! He is so stinkin' cute!