Wednesday, August 18, 2010

2 months and an update

Brennen turned 2 months on Sunday! Crazy how time flies... We took him to the doctor the next day for his check up and shots. He weighed 11 pounds even and was 23 1/4 inches long. So about 30% for weight and 65% for length. He's holding his head up really well and has rolled over several times from tummy to back, twice at the doctor's office, the little show off. :) He also got shots which was probably harder on me than it was on him!
Matt is still working at Walgreen's in Cheyenne and starts class next week so he'll be pretty busy. He enjoys work despite the long, late hours and the 50 mile commute. It's giving him some really good pharmacy experience.
I just started working today as a part-time paraprofessional at Spring Creek Elementary here in Laramie. I have huge mixed feelings about it. It's kind of nice to get out of the house for awhile and it will be great for me to keep working in the school district and we could really use the little bit of extra income. But I was really bummed to leave Brennen today and finding child care for him is going to be a PAIN because Matt's schedule is always different so it's kind of stressing me out. Plus I'll get to see Matt even less because, tomorrow for example, I'll go to work from 8-12 and Matt will leave to go to work at 11:30 and won't be back until after 10 that night. And that will happen most weekdays. :(
Anyway, sorry for that little vent. I'll close this post with a picture of our little guy because it would be a boring post without it!

2 comments:

Brenda said...

He's a handsome little guy!

~April~ said...

He's super cute and you're awesome!