Thursday, June 3, 2010

Last Day, False Alarms, and Baby Names!

Last Day!
Today is officially my last day of work. It's a staff development day but I only have one meeting from 9:00-11:00 so the rest of the day is for planning for next year and cleaning classrooms and etc. Since I don't have to plan for next year I don't have much to do because I have already cleaned all of my stuff out of the room. I just have to make it look a little more presentable for the next person. It has been a great year and I'm amazed at how fast it went but I'm so anxious to be able to be at home all day so I can actually clean and get ready for a baby! I'm so excited to be a mom.

False Alarm
Well, this wasn't a REAL false alarm but it kinda scared me!
Tuesday night Matt had a softball game and I was half watching it, half talking to the other wives when I realized that I was having contractions. At first I didn't really think about it cause I've had TONS of braxton hicks but then I realized that they were starting to hurt and that hadn't really happened before. After a while I decided to time them and they were consistently 7-8 minutes apart and were lasting about a minute each. They kept up like that not getting any closer together but getting progressively more painful. So after we got home I took a shower and just decided to go to bed. I woke up countless times in the night and didn't really sleep because they were keeping me awake. I kept thinking "This can NOT be it. I'm not ready!" but by morning they were gone. PHEW! But it really got me thinking that I need to get all my ducks in a row just in case he decides to come before we're expecting him.

Names!
So I've been really reluctant to share any of the names we've come up with because #1 we had WAY too many on our list and #2 I didn't want people to say negative things about names that I liked. :) So last night I compiled a list of every name we had even mentioned (there were over 20 when I was done) and Matt and I took turns crossing names off until we finally got down to six. I will share them with you now but if you don't like one, keep it to yourself. :) hee hee I'd love to hear which one(s) you DO like, though. These are all first names and the middle name with either be Matthew or Randal depending on which sounds better with the first name. This is the list we'll take to the hospital and we'll give the little sprite his official name after we've met him.

  • Brendon
  • Brennen
  • Dean
  • Garrett
  • Landon
  • Micah

9 comments:

Brooke Carroll said...

I had a scary day the other day thinking that I was going to be having a baby as well...Contractions are crazy! And the names you guys have are really cute! Dean is Nate's middle name, so I am partial to that one :) Brennen and Landon are SO cute too! I hope you guys are getting to excited...he's almost here! :D

KaLee said...

I would have to say that I love Dean and Micah. I don't think Ronnie will ever let me have Dean though, so could you do that one in my place? :)

Brenda said...

I'm kind of parcial to Brendon.

Craig and Karissa said...

They are all cute names! I really like Garrett and Landon. We are excited for you guys!

~April~ said...

I like Brendon and Brennen best :)

Stefany said...

FUNNY!! We took 6 names to the hospital too!!! I am absolutely in love with Micah...sooooo cute, but I like Garrett too!! Good luck deciding!

Kathryn said...

Landon is a fave of ours but hasn't suited our little ones thus far, but I love it all the same. I also like Micah and Brennen. If I was to chose today... I would go Brennen Matthew Clark... Good luck, they are all great names and I know you will find the perfect one!

Adam and the Girls said...

I like them all Mel, but I think Dean stands out to me as a favorite because it is so old fashioned and classic...I tend to like those type of names (hence Charlotte and Savannah) ~Jeffi

Mike and Marianne Grant said...

I like Brenden Matthew Clark.