Thursday, November 5, 2009

Sorry!

I know I promised pictures, but man-a-livin it is actually a hard thing to do! We erased all the pics from our camera cause we put them on the laptop and we don't have internet at home. By the time I get home from work I'm all tired and don't feel like taking Matt's laptop to the university where we can pick up internet. So, this is all you get still.

I will tell you, rather than show you with pictures, that the first weekend of October we climbed Medicine Bow Peak (pictures to follow.....someday....) and it was one of the hardest things I've ever done. It wouldn't have been so bad if there wasn't tons of snow up there (before it really snowed in Laramie) but I didn't realize how out of shape I was until the end of that day. It was worth it though because the view was amazing! But then that night I realized that I had been FRIED but just from my eyebrows down on my face because I was wearing a hat and everything else was well bundled up.... two days after that my face broke out in dozens of little tiny blisters. OUCH! and very unattractive. A kindergarten boy looked straight at me and exclaimed "what the heck happened to your face?!" Kids. :)

Ooh I found some pics of the peak and the view from the top on the internet. So here ya go.

Medicine Bow Peak


View from the top. I actually like our pictures better....


And a few weeks ago Matt and I went to the Laramie river to fish and I caught two 15" brown trout in my first 3 casts! We didn't have our camera so I took a picture on my phone and I can't get that on the comuter either because my phone is dumb. But it was awesome!

Right now I'm at school for parent teacher conferences. When you have two evenings both 3:30-7:00 and then one whole day from 8:30-2:30 for these things and there are only about 80 kids in the school and you're the music teacher so you don't have many secondary students, it can get a little DEAD and boring. I have seen one parent since 3:30 and it's been 2 hours. SO I am caught up on my work so I thought I'd throw out a quick post. Sorry it was a little long and rambling!

And just for the fun of it I'm posting a picture of my favorite flower of all time. I like all sorts of colors but white is the best! It's my desktop picture and helps me to remember that spring will come again someday...

2 comments:

The Maggards said...

Your pictures are goregous! Look are you miss outdoorsy :) I am glad that work is going good. Miss you. Love you!

Brooke Carroll said...

Great pictures! And I laughed so hard about what that little kid said. So funny! Kids are VERY blunt. ;) I hope you are doing great and I will give you a call soon. Sorry, I haven't felt that great, and every time I get on the phone, I seem to throw up. Yeah, NICE. Anyway, love ya and if you are in Lyman for Christmas, I will be there!!!! SO let me know if you will be around...Later girly!