Monday, June 17, 2013

The Day My Life Changed

Matt and I were married on December 30, 2006. My life definitely changed for the better that day but that’s not the day I’m talking about.

We decided we wanted to have a baby a little sooner than we thought we would. I got pregnant and had a miscarriage in February 2008. It was another year and 8 months before we found out I was pregnant with Brennen and he was born on June 15, 2010. That is the day I became a mother, the day my life changed forever!

The first couple months were HARD. He wouldn’t eat well or sleep well and we both cried a LOT. I was so focused on wanting to be a mother that I never really thought about the sacrifices that go with it. I almost felt like Heavenly Father only gave me a baby because I wouldn’t stop bothering Him about it, and that maybe I wasn’t cut out to be a mom.

But then there were those moments when he’d fall asleep on my chest and I would just close my eyes and tearfully whisper a prayer of gratitude for my precious baby boy.

And then things got WAY better as we all adjusted to our new lives. And I tell you what, this little boy has brought me more joy than I could have possibly imagined.

And he turned three on Saturday. THREE!
I could never list all of the wonderful things about my Brennen but I’ll say a few things.
-He spoke very early and has always been very easy to understand. We can carry on long conversations with him.
-He loves dinosaurs and watching Handy Manny.
-He also is starting to like sports and likes to throw balls around with us and practice t-ball and play football.
-He is SO smart and funny. He has always said the funniest things. I wish I would have written them all down.
-He is so sweet, too. He gives me kisses on the cheek and tells me he loves me. If I cry he gets upset and does anything he can to comfort me. I try not to cry at all around him (even happy tears) because he gets so concerned. :)
-He LOVES having me read him stories and is starting to be able to sound out words since he knows all the letter names and sounds. (the basic sounds anyway). :)
-He fights with his brother but is also very protective of him.
-He has a great imagination and loves to play.
-He’s not a picky eater at all (except he hates mashed potatoes), he just doesn’t want to sit down to eat but once he does he’ll eat anything we give him.

I could go on and on but I’ll just put up pictures of his birthday. We went to the dinosaur museum on campus, played a lot outside, and had his requested dinosaur cake (that I can up with! The cake was just a simple cake, I just decorated it all cute and it was WAY easy) and ice cream with Matt’s family. He got a lot of good loot! Probably more than Christmas…

IMG_4286IMG_4288IMG_4311IMG_4316IMG_4327IMG_4330IMG_4332IMG_4339IMG_4344IMG_4348IMG_4342IMG_4298

1 comment:

Christena said...

Man I cried while I read this. I miss you guys all so much!