Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Things

Here is a list of some of the things that I want and reasons why I’m glad I don’t have them.

House. If I had a big house I’d have to clean it. Plus if the furnace breaks… I’d have to fix that myself, now wouldn’t I? No more “owners of the apartment complex” taking care of stuff like that. Plus the utility bills would be higher and I’d actually have to pay for water and trash and stuff.
House1

A baby grand piano. That sucker would sure be hard to move around.
14972ej_27

A 3rd bedroom. So I can’t have a house. But it would be nice sometimes to have another bedroom so that Dean could have a good place to sleep. But I’m glad I don’t have one because then I’d feel like I’d have to fill it with stuff and decorations and those things cost money.
3-bedroom

A yard. I honestly don’t mind mowing the lawn but I’d have to water the grass and pull weeds and plant flowers and probably build a fence. No thanks.
landscaping ideas for the backyard

A bosch mixer. Since I’m not even sure I spelled that right it probably means that I don’t actually want it that badly. And if I had one then it would take up too much counter space in my kitchen.
6N11_BREAD1

A money tree. Let’s be honest. Who doesn’t want more money? But you know what, we have enough for what we need. And if I had more money then I’d be stuck up and then I’d get stuck thinking that I needed the very best things. Then what if the money stopped coming? I’d sure be in trouble then. Plus then people would want to “borrow” money from me all the time. And my kids would be spoiled.
money_tree-285x300

 

All of that being said, I do have a lot of blessings and I really am thankful for what I do have! :)

To prove that, here are some fun October pictures.

Brennen with a soap beard and Dean “drinking” some sprite.

IMG_3071IMG_3080

The boys and I traveled to Lyman over General Conference weekend. Here’s Brennen copying Kasey and Dean playing with Grandpa.

IMG_3082IMG_3089

Kyle and Kylee and their cute baby Hallie came to visit in Laramie last week. Here are a couple pictures of all the Clark grandkids (so far). It was hard to get one with all of them smiling! Dean looks huge and Brennen looks like a rag-a-muffin. Good thing Hallie is cute! (just kidding, my boys are still cute)

IMG_3125

IMG_3124

Here’s me and Dean playing in the leaves while Brennen played on the playground. I tried to get a picture of him but he wouldn’t hold still long enough. :)

IMG_3145IMG_3148

3 comments:

Christena said...

I totally wish I would have gone now. I want all of those things too. Good job putting a positive spin on it!

Amy said...

You seriously have the most interesting posts in the world! I swear, I want to copy every kind of post you make and then take all the credit for being absolutely brilliant/creative!!! Anyway, we'll have to hang out sometime soon! Jord and I are moving back to Laramie in December! :) p.s. you spelled bosch correctly, so it must mean you want one. ;) But you are right...far too much space!

Ryan Kelli and Clara said...

Your boys are so cute! And growing like weeds! Hope all is well!