Saturday, April 16, 2011

This blog is mostly about Brennen

Brennen is 10 months! Every month it's crazy to me how fast time flies. Brennen had a ton of fun milestones this month.

  • He got his second bottom middle tooth and he right now he has a vampire fang coming in on top.
  • He finally mastered crawling a couple weeks ago and that boy is fast!
  • He can pull up on anything and everything, including the walls. He figured out how to get down, too, mostly just by letting go of the fear and just and falling on his bum. It’s very cute. :)
  • He loves the toilet. Of course. We keep the lid closed but it's only a matter of time before he figures that out so we recently started keeping the bathroom door shut.
  • He can get back to a sitting position from anywhere. And he can get anywhere. I never know when the kid’s gonna sneak up on me.
  • He  is eating more and more real solid food, not just ground up stuff. He's finally stopped fighting me when I feed him so that's a relief. He LOVES fruit.
  • He's started to throw fits when I say no or take things away. Is it just me or is this starting a tad early? He does the whole body spasm and thrashes around, sometimes turning in circles on the floor. It’s actually pretty funny to watch.
  • He'd much rather play with my music theory book than any of his toys. I don't know why but he won't stay away from that book! There aren't even any colors or pictures. A sign of things to come? Let’s hope so. :)
  • His favorite "words" are ging ging and da da. We get “da da” but who the heck knows what “ging” is supposed to mean?
  • He loves having yelling matches, especially with Aunt Mary. They just yell “aaaaaaaah” back and forth to each other.
  • He went swimming for the first time! He didn't really like it at first but after awhile he warmed up to it and was having fun splashing around.

Life is pretty dang good right now. We're all healthy, happy, and loving every minute together as a family. Here are some pictures of B at 10 months!

Hanging out with momIMG_0270

 IMG_0242
Hating the grass, loving the toilet

IMG_0245 IMG_0255

Just being cuteIMG_0247  IMG_0266 IMG_0243

 

3 comments:

Christena said...

He is such a CUTIE!!!!!! I miss him and you! I love that "ging" thing. And the yelling matches.

~April~ said...

He's super cute! Can't wait to see you guys soon!

Brooke Carroll said...

He is so cute...I can't believe how big he is getting. I love babies at this age because they are so curious and love exploring! Hope you guys are doing great. I would love to get to see you guys this summer if we can do it. That would be SO FUN! :-)