Friday, March 25, 2011

Stuff

* Brennen poses for pictures now. It’s the cutest thing!

* Monday I decided to deep clean the kitchen. I was so proud of myself until I killed my microwave because I got too much water in it while I was cleaning it. :( It was a really nice, big one that we got for our wedding. And the night before I killed it I was telling Matt that I thought our microwave would last us a good 20 years. Looks like I was wrong…

* Brennen is sick… again! He had croup less than a month ago and it seems like he just barely got over it. Poor little guy. :( He’s normally SUCH a wiggly, energetic baby who never holds still so as much as I hate it when he’s sick, I just love it that he actually cuddles with me when he’s not feeling well.

* I am officially BELOW my pre-pregnancy weight! Now to keep it off…

* I started teaching myself how to crochet. I am NOT good at it at all. I seriously need to find a new hobby, though, so maybe I’ll keep trying.

* Brennen can pull himself up on the furniture. So even though he’s not doing the official hands and knees crawling thing (he is a master at army crawling and scooting) he can pull up and stand so who knows. Maybe he’ll walk sooner than I thought he would!

* Have you ever had a church calling you love and hate at the same time? That’s how I feel about being the choir director. I love the music part of it but man it’s hard to get people there and to have a consistent schedule when people are gone so often here.

* I’m training to run a 5K race. Yes, I said training. I know it’s pretty pathetic cause it’s not very far but I’ve never been able to run a mile without stopping to walk until after I had this baby and became a little more motivated. I’ve done two 5K’s on my own and my best time is 32 minutes. I just can’t seem to get past the 10 minute miles… :)

* I’m excited for summer! Not just because it’ll finally be warm enough to take Brennen outside and do all the usual fun summer things but because there are two weddings! Matt’s brother Kyle is getting married June 4th and my sister April is getting married June 25th. Plus my oldest nephew gets baptized and Brennen turns one! Those are both in June, too. What a busy month!

*And lastly, a couple of those posed pictures of my adorable little guy. IMG_0185IMG_0186

IMG_0178 IMG_0182 

5 comments:

Mitch, Manda, and the girls said...

He is such a cutie! And congrats on getting below the pregnancy. I hope that I can get there and not take too much time. It was well over a year with Maddi. =)

Christena said...

Very Cute!!! I love it! I haven't seen my prepregnancy since before I was pregnant so way to go!!!!

Carlee Platt said...

Oh Melissa...he is so cute! the Clark families are so blessed to have so any cute little 2nd cousins. Carlee and James were just here last weekend with Benson. He is talking up a storm...and kept us all in stitches for days. He even called the police...during the BYU game! Yea were were ignoring him and he got some attention alright! Next thing I know the police are upstairs in my living room...while we were all downstairs yelling about the game! One for his baby book!! I have to share it at his wedding!! haha Thanks for your blogs...Aunt Debra loves them!

Carlee Platt said...

SOmething is wrong with my computer...This is Aunt Debra not Carlee!!

Brooke Carroll said...

He is so cute! Great pictures ;-)