Monday, October 4, 2010

Sleep anyone???

This past weekend Matt, Brennen and I made the 10 hour trek to Star, Idaho to visit my sister Christena and her family. We drove there at night and I'm glad we did but we were both tired all weekend. We had SUCH a good time though and it was so much fun to see my sister and spend time with her and her family. Pictures will be in the next post.
But to top off our tiredness, my little "sleeps through the night at one month old" boy has now decided to stop sleeping through the night. The past week or so he's been waking us up at around 2:30 AM and then he's up for good before 6:00. Up until then he had been waking us up at about 5:00 at the earliest but usually not until closer to 7:00! What happened??? And he still won't take naps. UG! I've tried so many things and it seems like nothing I do ever works! Either that or I'll do something and it works once but won't again and now he's only getting about 7 hours of sleep at night and hardly sleeps during the day. I think a big factor is that he no longer stays swaddled. He'll usually fall asleep at night (not during the day for some reason) when we swaddle him but when he "busts out" of the swaddle he wakes up earlier. I knew the swaddling days would soon be over but I guess I was hoping they'd last longer.
I guess I just needed to vent that but if anyone has any suggestions I'm open to them! :)

1 comment:

Christena said...

I'm excited to see those pictures! I hope he's sleeping better for you!