Wednesday, December 16, 2009

2nd Trimester!

I am very happy to say that I have passed the first trimester of my pregnancy. Having had a miscarriage almost 2 years ago and having to wait awhile for this little one has made me a worry wart! I'm sure everyone worries but it's been crazy. I'm hoping that I will be able to calm down a little now that the first trimester is over and the risks are reduced.
I've had two doc. appointments so far and both have gone pretty well. My second appointment was just last Friday and it was such a relief to hear the heartbeat again and know that all was still going well. I'm also not as sick anymore although I do feel hungry ALL THE TIME. I'm glad that my students finally know I'm pregnant because now I don't feel bad eating wheat thins in front of them. :)
Speaking of students, tonight is my first concert as a teacher! It is the "holiday" program. I can't believe how much it has been on my mind and I'm SO glad that it will be over tonight so that I can actually fall asleep without thinking about it and maybe the nightmares will stop. I'm not kidding. I have dreams about this program EVERY NIGHT. Mostly about it going terribly wrong. If it were just a high school concert or something maybe it would be different but tonight's program features:

  • The elementary play! (this is really the part I have nightmares about)
    ***among many other things, they are singing "The 12 Days of Christmas" and every kid acts out a character in the song.... let's just say that this seemed like a brilliant idea at first but now I realize that I was completely insane and when all 50 kids are on stage in various bird costumes it.... is.... CHAOS.
  • The Jr. High "Orchestra" (consisting of 5 violin players)
  • The Jr. High Choir (6 members with only one boy)
  • The High School Choir (5 members..... no boys. of course.)

So we'll see how it goes!
I feel like my posts are boring if I don't have pictures but who wants to see me and Matt anyway? I'm sure I will post plenty of pictures in June..... :D

4 comments:

Brenda said...

Don't worry Mel, it's just like the primary program, they always turn out!

Christena said...

I think it'll be fantastic and I'm glad that you still believe that there is a baby in you!

Christena said...

PS You aren't boring and I like seeing picture of you and Matt. My girls really like them too. They always say "It's Lissa and Matt."

Brooke Carroll said...

YAY Mel! You and I both made it to the second trimester! I am so happy for you...You guys will be wonderful parents. :D I hope your concert went great! Let me know how it went! I am sure you did really, really well. You are a great teacher and I am sure your students love you :) Have a great day, Mel! Love ya!