Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Good Weekend

This weekend was a lot of fun and very relaxing, for me anyway! On Saturday Matt went to Cheyenne with his brothers Kyle and Lane and his cousins Jared and Lucas. But they didn't drive... the biked. They didn't go on the interstate, they took some back roads and it was 54.5 miles total. I drove my in-laws truck and picked the guys up on the outskirts of Cheyenne. Here's a picture of them when they were done. They actually look better in this picture than they did in real life... ha ha
Then yesterday, Monday, Matt and I got some work done in the morning and then drove about 50 miles west to Elk Mountain and the Medicine Bow river. It was absolutely gorgeous. I can't even tell you! The weather was SO perfect with no wind, no rain, and it was the perfect temperature. We each caught a couple little rainbow trout which was good for me cause it had been a long time since I had caught any fish. :) We didn't get any pictures but it was a lot of fun. I can't stress enough that it was the perfect day.

3 comments:

~April~ said...

Sounds awesome! Can't wait to see you!

Christena said...

That's really good. I'm glad you enjoyed your long weekend.

meganmfunke@gmail.com said...

I do want to go fishing in the river, its just not as fulfilling to catch a fish from a stocked pond :( So I will have to try and top it in a river so I can restore my pride!