Thursday, January 8, 2009

Many Things

First of all, Matt and I celebrated our 2nd wedding anniversary last Tuesday December 30th. It was a pretty good day, we went to dinner but we couldn't go to either of my favorite restaraunts because they were both closed for the holidays! It was dumb. Then we went to the movie "The Curious Case of Benjamin Button." It was a very curious show and I liked it except it was just too long (almost 3 hours). It seems weird that it's already been 2 years and I love Matt SO much. He's an amazing guy and he makes me a better person every day. He is so patient and seriously so perfect for me it's crazy! Here's a picture of us sipping our cider and one of me finding the box of chocolates Matt hid for me. :)


Then we went to Lyman for New Years. We had fun spending time with my family and got to watch my brother Kasey play high school varsity basketball. He did a great job but the team lost by just a few points to their rivals, Mt. View. :( Here's a couple pictures of us there and of my cute neices and nephews.
Tanner, Ashton, and Kamaryn riding 'horse' uncle Mikey.
Me holding.... a twin. :)

Ashton and Kamaryn stacking blocks on uncle Matt.

Tanner and me! Kyler took the picture (I don't have any pics of him) :(

Another pic. taken by the young photographer, Kyler.

Cute kids laying down waiting to watch uncle Kasey play ball.

I think this is Sophia with the crazy hair (and the crazy uncle).

Then this Monday the 5th I started student teaching. I was pretty nervous to start but this week so far has gone really well and I always do much better than I think I will. I'm at the elementary right now and I'm teaching 6th 5th and 4th grades and next week I'll add 3rd and 2nd. I kinda get sick of singing the same songs over and over but the kids are a lot of fun and man alive I've realized that kids have weird names these days... seriously it is so hard for me to learn their names because they're just strange! Like a girl named Jeremiah... and another one named Allalacey (pronounced ah-la-lacey). Also this week my brother Michael moved to Laramie to live with us because he's starting school at UW on Monday. I'm way excited that he's here and I really hope he'll like good ol Laramie. :)
And finally yesterday was Matt's birthday. He turned the big two-five and it makes me feel like we're getting old! I hope he had a good day and we had a little party for him and invited his parents and siblings over.

The candles spell MC and he got them all out on the first try. :)

Mary, Matt and I holding up 25 fingers, it's a family tradition.

4 comments:

Christena said...

Looks like so much fun! Happy Birthday Matt! Just so you know I'm turning the big two five soon and I'm not getting old ;) I miss you guys already and I wish that we lived closer together.

~April~ said...

Looks so much fun! We should have had a little pre-birthday party for him while you guys were here. Oh well. He looks thrilled in that last picture... hee hee.

Snidbits said...

Wow,
2 years...my time flys. I especially liked the box of chocolates that were hidden! Good luck with the last of schooling. Sounds very exciting!
Sherilyn

Brooke Carroll said...

Those are such great pictures, Mel! I miss you, girl...I hope you are loving teaching. It's the best!!!