Friday, September 12, 2008

Student teaching/I'm kinda a psycho

I finally got my student teaching placement and...... I get to stay here in Laramie! Matt and I are both pretty excited about it cause I won't have to commute so we can save money and we won't have to be apart. I'll spend 8 weeks at an elementary school out in west Laramie, then another 8 weeks at the Junior High which is only a block from our apartment so that is great for us!
So I have to talk about the "dress code" that's been pounded into the heads of all the girls in my phase class (the people who are student teaching in the spring). This code is for our practicum, student teaching, and future teaching. Our advisor has told us that we basically have to wear shirts up to our noses that two people can wear at the same time (translation: it can not be known that you are a woman. No "curves" can be visible. Shirts must be baggy and "frumpy" and must be very high cut). We also have to wear pants that come up higher than the belly button to ensure that nothing shows if we bend over or ect. Plus we are to have NO open toed shoes and NO jeans (which is kinda a given). I'm kinda making fun of it, but I really can see the point of it.
So here are some pictures of me just being a dork. The first one is what I wore today when I did peer teaching. I think it's a good example of "teacher" dress. I have to tell you that I don't particularily like the way I look though, which is the point I think. :) The other ones are of me sporting Matt's new pharmacy lab coat. I think I was more excited about him getting it than he was. haha I just think it looks awesome! Those pics are kinda blurry but it's cool cause on one side it says "UW School of Pharmacy" and the other side has his name on it. So enjoy and those of you who already know who weird I am will appreciate these. :)




7 comments:

~April~ said...

You are quite the silly seester now aren't you. :) You look HOT!!! :P

Christena said...

I like those pictures. You are pretty funny! I'm glad you are excited about Matt's schooling stuff. I probably would/will do the same if Rik goes to dental school.

Brooke Carroll said...

Haha, you are so funny. I love you Mel! I think you look like a genius in Matt's labcoat. And I SO think you look the best in your teaching clothes! ;) Yeah, I remember when I was at school last year and they gave us that whole talk too about covering every inch of your body except your face and hands, pretty much. It's a good thing, I agree!

Stefany said...

Wow! What a dress code! I'm sure you will look fabulous no matter what you wear. And that is super exciting you get to stay in laramie... lucky you!

Brooke Carroll said...

Hey woman! Guess what? We are planning on being in Laramie next month!!! If we can make the trip, it will be the weekend of Oct. 10th, 11th and 12th. SO, if you want to get together, I want to see you really bad! I will let you know when we decide, and if you want to, for old-times sake, let's go get a cream slushie from Sonic!!! haha...love you! Brooke

Ryan Kelli and Clara said...

You look great! I love your blog! Keep in touch! I miss you so much!

The Maggards said...

LOL you are so phunny! love ya!