Thursday, July 17, 2008

Mike's Visit and Sobe Bombs

My younger brother Michael came to visit us for a few days. I felt kinda bad cause we didn't do anything too exciting and he had to sit here for a few hours by himself while we were both at work, but I think he had fun. We went to the mountains to build a fire and have marshmallows, played lots of games, and went jet skiing. I don't have any jet ski pictures, though. :( I was glad that Mike came up to visit cause he had never been to Laramie before and it was great to be able to spend some time with him since he's leaving on his mission soon.

Matt, trying to start the fire.


You can't really see it, but there is a huge boulder above Mike's head to the right.

I felt bad for the tree that Matt ripped up, so here I am hugging it. :)

Matt being annoyed with me while we're playing "the bean game."

Mike with his goofy grin while winning the bean game.

Also, I wanted to post this awhile ago and kept forgetting. A few weeks ago Matt and I went to the mountains in just about the same spot as these pictures, and taught his cousin Jared and his wife Megan the art of sobe bombs (thank you Rik). :D We tried three bottles and this is the only one that worked. It wasn't really great, but still pretty good. If you get bored, fast forward to about 40 seconds. :)


4 comments:

Michael said...

i had a blast. i know it might not have looked like it when i was there but i didn't want to come home and i kinda want to go back but i gotta work so. i won't but yeah i had a good time. don't worry

Christena said...

Hey! I want to come play the bean game. I love that game!! That was a nice sobe bomb too! I want to come and stay with you too, that would be fun.

~April~ said...

That is so funny. What exactly IS a sobe bomb. It looked pretty cool. Come visit me :D

The Maggards said...

ya I am wondering the same thing as April... Maybe I need to come visit to experience all the excitement!