Wednesday, May 25, 2016

The 4th Time Around

I haven't written a blog post in forever! Part of me doesn't really feel like doing it anymore but I find whenever someone asks me how tall or big my kids were at a certain age I look here because I know I've written about it on here. So here we go. :)

Seth
A month ago Seth turned 18 months! Here are his stats. 
Weight: 22 pounds 8 oz (27%)
Height: 32.5 inches (54%)
Head: 47cm (39%)

He is finally starting to talk! His favorite thing is to tell Dean what to do. "Deeee! Top cy-ing! Deeeee! Get dacket on!" He never says Brennen, just calls both of them Deeeeee. He does say mom and dad pretty well as well as ball, get down, nose, eye, blanket, drink, shoes, jacket, outside... and a few other things.
He is very coordinated and can climb on everything at the park. He has great balance and runs super fast. He loves to look at and pretend to read books. He's still pretty happy for the most part but has started getting an attitude and throws a lot of fits. 
Here is my Seth (and a good looking guy) at 18 months! We were up having a picnic at Mallo campground.
And just another cute one.


Dean
I never posted about Dean's Birthday! It was an extra special birthday this year because it was on Easter and we were at his grandma's house. He had a really fun day finding eggs, going to church, eating lots of candy, and having cake and presents. He was really hyper that night and told me it was the best day ever!
His huge messy looking cake was cool, it had a secret hole with some toy animals inside. He wanted a cake that had a home for a foxy so this is what he got. It fell apart and I know what I'd do different next time but it tasted good anyway. :)

Lately he has been a grump, crying about everything and fighting with his brothers. But at school he is everyone's darling and the teachers all just adore him. He is doing great in preschool, above average in all the academic skills. He's really excited to start swimming lessons soon but whenever we go he stays on the side or a flotation device so we'll see how it goes... :)


Brennen
This kid is almost done with kindergarten! He is super smart and happy. He comes home every day just hyper and bouncing off the walls. He seriously never acts tired, he stays awake late and wakes up early. That kid has never needed a whole lot of sleep...
He just finished soccer and is starting up t-ball. He says he loves sports and is excited for the summer and his birthday.
He's also a great musician. He just understands the piano and music naturally. He remembers everything I tell him and had the note names memorized pretty much as soon as he saw them. He got to play the xylophone for his spring concert and was excited about that (even though it doesn't look like it).




Baby #4
In case anyone who reads this missed the memo, we're expecting baby #4 the end of August! And SHE is a GIRL this time! I'm soooo excited! I know Matt is, too, but he was sorta hoping for another boy. :) The boys are excited and happy to welcome their new sister in a few months.
This pregnancy has been so easy, especially compared to the last one. Except I'm already super fat. I have been more nauseous and tired but also way more hungry than I've ever been! I just feel a lot better overall and have not had problems with contractions or anything else.
So here's a "before" picture (shortly after I found out, just about 6 weeks) and a current 26 week picture.



Me and Matt
Matt is so ready for school to be over! He has worked so hard this year coaching two sports and teaching early morning seminary. I sure appreciate all that he does for us.
I have been teaching piano and trying to be a good wife and mom! I've been practicing piano and also whipped out the trombone and alto sax just for fun. I'm really not good at those but it makes me wish I had more instruments to play! Seth cracks up laughing whenever I play the trombone. He just thinks it's hilarious. Brennen can buzz pretty good in it, too!

So that's all for now! We are just a happy little family of almost six!

1 comment:

Kathleen said...

Love all your updates, Melissa! Can hardly wait for your beautiful little girl to join her handsome big brothers in your wonderful family!!