Wednesday, June 18, 2014

My Baby Isn’t a Baby Anymore!

Brennen turned 4 on Sunday! It was a great day and I found myself feeling emotional about the day he was born and the years we’ve had with him. I wanted a baby for quite awhile before he came and he was (and still is) such a blessing!

We had our birthday donuts and then both boys helped me make a candy gram for Matt for Father’s Day. We let Brennen open a present before church so he played with his new dinos there. Then after church we had chicken alfredo (he said he wanted chicken and Matt likes alfredo so that’s what we did) and Matt’s family came over for a party.IMG_5862IMG_5860IMG_5864IMG_5865IMG_5869
He was SO excited to see everyone for the birthday party! He wanted a tractor/dinosaur cake so this is what I came up with and he seemed to love it.

IMG_5866IMG_5868IMG_5870IMG_5872

He liked all of his presents and was so cute all day.

IMG_5875IMG_5876IMG_5879

Matt and I lay awake for awhile that night just talking about Brennen, how he was as a baby and how he is now. We spent a week at my Mom’s away from Matt while he was at scout camp and he said that while he missed all of us that he especially wanted to see Brennen when he got home. And Brennen flew into his arms and snuggled there for a few minutes as soon as we walked in the door. Those two have a special bond and it melts my heart.

Me with my birthday boy!
IMG_5883

Matt reading his boys a story Sunday night. He’s such a great dad and I hope he didn’t feel neglected sharing Father’s Day with Brennen’s birthday. :)IMG_5884

2 comments:

Christena said...

Your post made me get all emotional! You have such a great family! I love all of you so much and that face of Brennen's is so cute with the box of dinosaurs.

Kathleen said...

Brennen's smiles speak volumes about how special you made his 4th birthday. He's a fantastic four-year-old! Glad Matt had a wonderful Father's Day the same day!