Friday, September 16, 2011

Golden Month Birthday

IMG_1148-2Brennen turned 15 months yesterday on the 15th. This little boy is growing so fast and learning so much that it amazes me. He says lots of words, can identify lots of body parts, walks and runs, can step up stairs if you’re holding his hand, eats anything we give him, makes the “sounds” when he plays with cars, loves reading books, and tons more. He also learned to scowl at people which is pretty cute & funny but not polite so we’re starting to work on that one. :) And he’s so smart, too! I took him to the doctor today and developmentally he’s at a 19-20 month level. He went down in length from the 75% clear down to the 50%. They measured him three times to make sure it was correct so that’s a little bit of a bummer but the doc isn’t worried. His weight is still around 20% and his good ol’ head is still up in the 75%. :)IMG_1153-2

We’ve been spending time outside a lot lately because now it’s nice and cool all day but not too cold yet. Matt and I try to push Brennen in the stroller but when we’re in the mountains he does not want to stay strapped in and would much rather walk with us. The other evening we were out and Brennen pointed at something and said “oooh!” It took us a minute to see it but he was pointing at a deer that was partially hidden in the trees. Brennen still loves playing at the playgrounds at all the various parks in town and it’s a lot of fun for me to watch him play and learn about the world. Fall has been nice so far!

IMG_1175-3

And as far as baby #2 goes, we’re doing well. I feel like this last week I’ve suddenly “popped.” Not that I’m huge or anything but I can no longer suck it all in and there’s definitely a tiny little bump there. It makes me happy. :) And I’m finally over feeling sick every day but I still have some major food aversions like sweet stuff! I’ve always had a sweet tooth so it’s weird to NOT want candy and stuff but it’s probably helping keep my weight in check! So here I am a week ago at about 12 weeks.

IMG_1168IMG_1169

 

4 comments:

cambersue said...

Congrats that great!
P.S. it is a cute little bump:)

~April~ said...

Little B is so cute and so are you! I miss you sis! :(

Christena said...

Such a cute boy and I wish that people could see my bump. It is hidden by my fat :( I love you tons!!

Sarah said...

I'm not going to lie, I find it slightly depressing that I look more pregnant than you do and I'm NOT pregnant! :) You look so great! I should learn a few tips from you! :)