Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Lately

Life has been pretty good lately! We traveled to Lyman again to be with my sister for her wedding and it was so amazing and wonderful to be able to be there and see her find happiness with an amazing man. It was a nice, relaxing trip and it was great to see all of my family again.

Around here we’ve just been hanging out doing the same old stuff. Matt’s working and I’m chillin’ out at home with Brennen. I’ve been doing some lawn mowing for Matt’s dad when he needs a little extra help so I’ve been able to earn us a little bit of money and spend some time outside working hard which is kinda nice after being at home so much the past year. But that being said I can really tell when I’ve been working for a few days because my house goes to pot then I have to catch up on all the cleaning.

This 4th of July weekend was pretty fun. Saturday we went up and hiked around the snowy range then last night we had a party with several of our friends. It was so much fun! We had a bbq and then just talked and played games and watched the fireworks.

Brennen is growing up so quickly all of a sudden. He can’t walk quite yet but I’m not worried ‘cause his dad didn’t walk until 15 months or so and I’ve heard other oldest children don’t walk very early. But he’s taken 5 steps at a time so he’s getting there! He loves to just stand at the window and look outside. He’ll stand there for such a long time but then if I take him outside he hates the grass and hates it when I put him down. Funny kid. He also says a few words like uh-oh, thank you, and ok. He also sees the dog at Matt’s parent’s house and he’ll say something that kinda sounds like dog so we’ll count it. :) But he “talks” and makes noise all the time. He entertains me constantly.

The Wedding
IMG_0641IMG_0667IMG_0656IMG_0653IMG_0654-2IMG_0658-2IMG_0678IMG_0688IMG_0690-2IMG_0692

Outdoor fun
IMG_0620IMG_0715IMG_0621IMG_0716
IMG_0719IMG_0722IMG_0724IMG_0728

3 comments:

Debra and JD said...

Ok Melissa...first Brennan is darling! second tell me how YOU got both brides ( your sister and Matt's sister-in-law) to coordinate colors???? that is too funny! but good for Brennan and his tie!

Christena said...

Soooo cute! Is that snow in some of those pictures?

Sarah said...

You are SO photogenic! Brennen of course is adorable- you have such a cute family! Can't wait to hang out! Also, I was reading your "about me" section and realized you can't just say Brennen was born June 15th anymore! Otherwise he's a REALLY big 1 month old! ;)